New Delivery

Mainiac

Leaving in the morning, for what looks like a 3 day wet trip, to pick up our Oliver. At least it is only suppoesed to be showers there Thursday…

Looking forward to your next post.  Have fun!

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

Congratulations Bob and family :)

You guys will have a great time with the Oliver crew and at Fall Hollow.  We really enjoyed our stay there and ended up staying a few extra days just to get settled in. The one tip that I can think of is that you will want a sewer slinky and a length of Rhinoflex is a lot nicer then the sewer hose that comes with it. If you don't have a slinky then it's an uphill battle to the hole and poses that problem. Other then that, you guys will have a great time. We ran for a couple days there with the shore power shut off just to learn the Solar. If you bought the wet cell T105's then make sure that the Zamp controller is set to wet. It comes set to AGM from the factory. Also be sure to check your propane valves and if you bought the 30lb tanks, they are about half full from Oliver.

Enjoy your new home away from home you guys :)

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-43051-Sidewinder-Plastic-Support/dp/B000BUU5WW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492401077&sr=8-1&keywords=Rv+Sewer+slinky

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

• Moderators
Hey can we please tone down the comments, they are getting a little too aggressive and hostile. Thanks. John Davies Spokane WA

Agree.  We don't usually delete posts, but I just did.  This is Canoe12's thread on his pick up experience, let's get back on topic.  Mike

• Thanks 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

C12,

When we took delivery of Twist a little over a year ago, it had rained HARD for about 30 hours.  Certainly this was not the most desirable, but it really didn't hurt the delivery experience (other than getting our nice clean Elite II a bit dirty right off the bat).  All of the important stuff is done under cover and at your first set-up there are more than enough hands around so that you will not even get very damp.  Have a great time and enjoy the experience.

Bill

• Thanks 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thanks all. To me camping doesn't come with cement or lazer level sites. If I did I guess I would camp someplace in the panhandle of Florida. We have blocks, chocks, slinkys, and I am sure friendly neighbors to get us where we will need to be.

Thanks for removing the 'thorn'. My private messages won't be on ignore. Thank you...

• Thanks 1

Bob,

Congrats on your new Ollie!!!!!!!

We're camping in TN right now, had thunderstorms yesterday afternoon and light rain last night.  The light rain on the Ollie roof last night was music to sleep with!

Look forward to seeing photos of your new Ollie!!!!

LE2

Thanks, we are close. Within 500 miles and a day to go. We wanted to 'scoot-a long' while the sun was shining, especially with interstate construction. Boy, the south must be almost empty with all the snowbirds we have seen fleeing home.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators

Glad your travels have been good so far!

Florida is not quite empty yet. Lots of Canadian and northern accents in Costco today.... That after Easter Parade north of RVs and trailers is pretty impressive, isn't it?

Looking forward to your photos in a few days.

Safe travels.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Administrators
 Also be sure to check your propane valves and if you bought the 30lb tanks, they are about half full from Oliver. Enjoy your new home away from home you guys ????

Hi Karen,

Your propane tanks should have been full at delivery. I'm sorry this happened. Our tanks a filled by a third party and should be full when installed before delivery. I will let the team know to double check these from now on.

Matt

• Thanks 2

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

Also be sure to check your propane valves and if you bought the 30lb tanks, they are about half full from Oliver. Enjoy your new home away from home you guys
????

Hi Karen, Your propane tanks should have been full at delivery. I’m sorry this happened. Our tanks a filled by a third party and should be full when installed before delivery. I will let the team know to double check these from now on. Matt

Thanks Matt :) We ran out of the first tank on day 3 at Fall Hollow, then put 9.7 gallons in a couple days later, so it really wasn't a big problem at all. It got us started and now I know to check it every couple weeks and it will run a month easy with the 2 - 30 pounders while boondocking. And that's with the fridge, stove, heater, and Truma water heater running on propane. The outdoor fireplace may take me down a bit faster but it's worth it :)

Happy Camping,

null

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

• Moderators

C12,

Good for you guys!  I'm guessing that by now you have found the local WalMart.  If you head west from there, through the center of town, and, another two or three blocks, there is a local donut shop one block to the north.  Better donuts than WalMart and the guys at the plant really appreciate those puppies.

Try to get some sleep - your baby is waiting for your undivided attention.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Bob,

Believe we saw y'all this morning driving a dark pickup with Maine tags? We were in a white pickup with Ollie in tow at Fall Hollow restaurant. If it was you,  gave us a thumbs up!

Congrats on the new Ollie, we're no longer in the area to see your beautiful new Ollie, but looking forward to seeing photos!

LE2

Rideandfly...Bill, we did see you at the top of the hill. Have been out out touch in remote corners of Miss., Alabama, and Georgia. Have not taken pictures, too busy dodging rain drops. A great place to camp was Mt. Cheaha State Park in Alabama, even if the 30 mile goat path was mostly up and up. Some of the turns were so tight that we think we caught glimps of us ahead. The Oliver was a dream to tow, and the backup cam was. Essential in a couple of places where we all of a sudden ran out of road...

• Thanks 3

Also be sure to check your propane valves and if you bought the 30lb tanks, they are about half full from Oliver. Enjoy your new home away from home you guys
????

Hi Karen, Your propane tanks should have been full at delivery. I’m sorry this happened. Our tanks a filled by a third party and should be full when installed before delivery. I will let the team know to double check these from now on. Matt

Propane tanks full at delivery? We had to take our tanks up to the lumber yard for fill up and we paid the tab. Guess I was kind of surprised that that didn't come with the trailer.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• Moderators

I thought it was Insurance rules. We've never picked up an RV, that I can remember, with full lp tanks.

Always looking for a pilot/flying j after Elkhart when delivering motorhomes... Those are always empty. Our Oliver was empty, too . But that was nine years ago...

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Oliver tells you these days that they are full when you pick up your new trailer.

Happy Camping,

null

• Moderators

When I picked up Twist a year ago - February, its propane tanks (20 pounders) were full.

Bill