Travel Trailers Preparation for the Season (Discussion)

JWalmsley

• Administrators

I added a new little blog if y'all wanna take a look at it. I am looking to add more ideas, steps or improvements if you have any suggestions - lay them on me.

http://olivertraveltrailers.com/travel-trailers-preparation-spring/

Thanks!

Jason

• Thanks 8

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

• Moderators

Jason, thanks for putting this together.  While some of the experienced campers already have this knowledge there are a lot of folks that will find this very useful.  It would be nice to have an information archive on the forums or Oliver web page that information like this could reside.  Maybe in the Tech Bulletin area?

Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Hi Jason,

Thank you for initiating a very helpful blog!  The following ideas may be of help.

1.        I have the EZ-Flex installed so I add grease to each fitting.

2.       I like to inspect the metal connections on the 7-pin trailer connector and treat with Permatex dielectric grease.

3.       To lessen the work involved in removing dead bugs from the front of the trailer, I treat with CorrosionX 61002 Rejex.

4.       To minimize any issues with the four exterior locks, I treat each cylinder with AGS LE5 Lock Ease.

5.       To lessen any issues with the black and grey tank valves, I treat with Cameo 40246 TST Drain Valve Lube.

6.       I use a new Cameo 40043 TastePURE Water Filter each spring.

7.       After a harsh New England winter, I inspect each porch light gasket and treat with Captain Tolley’s Creeping Crack Cure.

8.       I use Boeshield T-9 Waterproof  Lubrication to protect the rims against corrosion.  It also helps lubricate the front steps, door hinges and window slides.

I could keep going, but at least this is a few additional ideas regarding my spring prep routine.

Buzzy

• Thanks 7

Buzzy

2016 Oliver Elite II - June 9, 2016
2016 F150 Lariat 3.5L EB, Max Towing

• Moderators

Buzzy, thanks for the product links... Even though one has a very funny name!

We wax our trailer spring and fall with the same 3M ultra performance paste wax we use on our boats. Added UV protection. Every other year, I wax the fiberglass parts of the interior, too.

After running out the pink stuff with new water, we sanitize the tank and lines. After adding bleach to the tank water, we run the water out through each faucet to sanitize the lines. Dump the grey tank into the home dump station, and refill the tank.

Spring is a good time to pop out the screens and clean them again. Clean any collected debris from the window weeps.

Check ac, refrigerator, water heater, and furnace intake areas for mud dauber nests. Reset ant traps. Replenish batteries in flashlights, as we remove them for winter.

Thanks for starting an Oliver specific checklist. It's great.

Sherry

• Thanks 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Administrators

I will be honest, I did borrow some of y'all's informative posts from the past! :D

So many great suggestions and wanna thank you all for the them! I did post a link to this discussion at the bottom of the blog post as well!

If I get some time to do some writing I will update the blog or I just may write a whole new blog about something else using your suggestions!

• Thanks 1

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules