Front or Tongue Jack isn't working. Where is the inside fuse?

The Jack wouldn't move yesterday, the front fuse is fine, sent Jason an email, he said to check the fuse on the bus bar under the bed. Where exactly is this bus bar and fuse? Karen kept me out all day, so it's 7:30pm in Tennessee... So its to late to call Oliver... I'm asking because if I'm going to pull the whole bed apart I would like to know exactly what I'm looking for first. The schematic just shows it going to the bus bar but I don't see a normal fuse in the schematic. Is a slow blow fuse one that can be reset?

Screenshot_2017-04-20-17-36-06.thumb.png.944b89e3380504b0a2813e8c8fe39101.png

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

The slow blow on the older units are not resettable, they are also with their respective jack and are inline fuses. According to the drawing they would be under the street side bed, again no bus bar there on the older ones, that's where are my solar controller is.

The nice part to that setup would be that it one is blown, at least you can just swap it out with one of the others close by to make it easier.

• Thanks 1

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

• Moderator+

The older units had a fuse at the front jack AND a fuse in the panel.  The rear jacks were fused at the panel.  Downside is they are not slow-blows in the panel.

Currently, each jack is individually fused at the jack. Now, that being said the power has to come from somewhere.  From your diagram it appears to be additionally fused at the buss bar under the street side bed.  Do your other two jacks work?  Have you checked for 12v on the hot side of the wire at the front jack?

To see the buss bar you will have to raise the mattress to gain access to the forward hatch.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

We have the older, little trailer, but two things on the front jack could be a problem. You've probably tried these, but...

The momentary switch sometimes doesn't want to work in one direction, but will in the other. I flip up, then back, a few times. I think dust or a little bit of moisture? We had to replace the switch on our front jack after seven years.

The pull apart weather proof casing on the front jack has to be perfectly tight. We actually used to leave it just a 32nd apart as a deterrent to fiddlers..If we had to leave the trailer unattended a few days.. At least on the old ones.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

We have the older, little trailer, but two things on the front jack could be a problem. You've probably tried these, but...

The momentary switch sometimes doesn't want to work in one direction, but will in the other. I flip up, then back, a few times. I think dust or a little bit of moisture? We had to replace the switch on our front jack after seven years.

The pull apart weather proof casing on the front jack has to be perfectly tight. We actually used to leave it just a 32nd apart as a deterrent to fiddlers..If we had to leave the trailer unattended a few days.. At least on the old ones.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

The older units had a fuse at the front jack AND a fuse in the panel. The rear jacks were fused at the panel. Downside is they are not slow-blows in the panel. Currently, each jack is individually fused at the jack. Now, that being said the power has to come from somewhere. From your diagram it appears to be additionally fused at the buss bar under the street side bed. Do your other two jacks work? Have you checked for 12v on the hot side of the wire at the front jack? To see the buss bar you will have to raise the mattress to gain access to the forward hatch.

Yup... I have power at the jacks fuse in front... Another Bad Switch like everyone elses?

Happy Camping,

null

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

• Moderators

Hi, Reed. Our switch took seven years to die, but needed rocking for three. Did you try that?  I don't even know if they still use the barker jacks, but that weather proof casing on ours was really sensitive, years ago. We replaced that, too.  Sometimes, we'd pull it apart a time or three, and it would work with a good connection. Also, there is a ground to the frame from the front jack, somewhere, as I remember. You may want to see if you can find that before you give up and go to the manual mode...

Any ideas from new trailer owners,?

Our trailer is 9 years old.... As is the jack.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

Yup, I rocked it about 6 times in the last 2 days...

Happy Camping,

null

I read about all of the jack problems and figured that it was fixed. I'm thinking that they should provide a cover for it if it's not dependable. I thought about buying one but at least it's under warranty...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CGQHYA4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=DVETVI1ZF5E8&coliid=IJ86EJQFZW7FJ

Happy Camping,

null

I'll pull the cover tomorrow and see if I can either fix or bypass it. If twisting the wires together works, then I will at least be back up to ghetto... Lol.

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

We have one of those covers on our front jack. It works well to protect it from the weather. It's 18 months old now and starting to show signs of UV damage.(faint cracking) Will replace at the end of this season.

• Thanks 1

GrayGhost

2015 Legacy Elite II Hull # 98

2020 F150 3.5 EcoBoost

It's the switch. It was loose so I turned it back and forth, tried tightening it by hand and now it works again. I still need to pull it and fix it but it's working and we're off to Yosemite tomorrow.

• Thanks 2

Happy Camping,

null

• Moderators

Have fun. Glad you found the issue ...

Is the front jack a Barker? If so, I think it's warrantied by Barker for two years. (Actually, our dometic refrigerator had a two year warranty.  Don't know what they have now. But, if you have a problem after the first year, always worth looking.. )

We didn't have problems with the tongue jack for three or four years, so didn't help us, but it could help you.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

Yup, it's our normal 12 year cycle flood year here and everyone should see Yosemite this year in the Spring when the falls are at their peak. We went for the 1997 floods, the 2005 floods and then this year tops them all with the 2017 floods, so it's a must see year :) The other years don't matter, the flood years are the greatest by far.

Happy Camping,

null

Reed,  What is required to get reservations?  PM me if you'd like.

Thanks,  John

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

You get reservations 6 months in advance but during the week they have openings and you can boondock on Tioga Pass Rd in places or take Old Tioga Pass Rd to the end to a campground above Yosemite Falls that I believe is first come, first serve. It's a few miles down a dirt road and I didn't see it on their map

Here's the link to the reservations

https://www.recreation.gov/unifSearchResults.do

Happy Camping,

null

Yup, it’s our normal 12 year cycle flood year here and everyone should see Yosemite this year in the Spring when the falls are at their peak. We went for the 1997 floods, the 2005 floods and then this year tops them all with the 2017 floods, so it’s a must see year ???? The other years don’t matter, the flood years are the greatest by far.

I wish I had known that way back when.  I visited Yosemite in July 2002 on a backpacking trip and was totally bummed.  Yosemite falls was just a trickle, I drew an arrow to the wet spot in my pictures and labeled the falls otherwise you would not even have known it was a there! I didn't realize how things dried up there in the summers.  It was still stunningly beautiful though. I love the high sierras.  Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Yvonne

• Thanks 2

Yvonne & Doug

2017 Legacy Elite II, twin bed

Hull #223

2017 Ford F-250 Lariat, crew cab

• 6 months later...

Today, once again I had the dead jack problem, so it's still in the diagnoses phase but the bad ground is the culprit I'm sure like Steve said, because though I had no power to the switch even after rocking it a few times, once I plugged the trailer into the running truck, it started working again. But it was still kicking in and out a couple times. But hey, once again the jack worked fine after plugging into the TV... So I'm thinking that the switch is maybe needing grounding? I don't think so, it could be a bad switch also being that it had no problem lowering the jack. But when I went to raise the jack, it kicked out a couple times and after rocking it twice, it worked fine. I haven't added the ground wire to the jack yet because I wanted to see if plugging it in would fix the problem, and it worked... sorta... Lol.

This was the first time that the trailer was wet when the jack died, so that throws another rag into the diagnoses, but hey, at least it is raining in California right?...

Another thing that we noticed today is that because the back window is at a slant, with the trailer level, it was funneling all of the water from the outside into the weap hole... and running into the trailer, so I bent the gutter down just enough to keep the water running out of that window... but that's another story :)

Reed

Happy Camping,

null