Has anyone ever used a RV transportation company?

Muppy

Hi friends,

Has anyone ever hired a RV transportation company before? The only one I could find online with good reviews , that will pick up and deliver anywhere in the USA was "RV Transport".

(Edited to add: I just got a quote, and considering the cost to rent hotels,campgrounds, food, gas, hubby's loss of overtime, average 8 days travel time...the price was worth it. ) Would like other company names though

Looking to buy used, but most are thousands of miles away, and it would not be feasible for us personally, having never towed before.

If you have a referral for a good company, could you let us know?

Thanks, Muppy (John and Cheryl)

New Hampshire residents.

2016 Chevy Silverado 1500, Crew Cab, LTZ/short box, 5.3L Ecotec3 V8 w/ tow/haul mode /20 inch wheels

Retirement ( 12-31-2017)  

8/25/2019, we purchased the previously owned “2017 Oliver Elite ll  Hull #170, Standard King Bed, Solar package, Nature’s Head Composting Toilet and all the extras”! 

Pm'd you.

New Hampshire residents.

2016 Chevy Silverado 1500, Crew Cab, LTZ/short box, 5.3L Ecotec3 V8 w/ tow/haul mode /20 inch wheels

Retirement ( 12-31-2017)  

8/25/2019, we purchased the previously owned “2017 Oliver Elite ll  Hull #170, Standard King Bed, Solar package, Nature’s Head Composting Toilet and all the extras”! 

Has anyone ever hired a RV transportation company before? The only one I could find online with good reviews , that will pick up and deliver anywhere in the USA was “RV Transport”.

Hi Muppy, my buddy Larry drives for Classic Transport. His company transports out of northern Indiana and lower Michigan I think. You can contact his company and see if they will transport from Hohenwald, TN to your destination. If you want to contact my friend privately then please PM me. I talked to him today and he was pulling from Elkhart to somewhere in Idaho. A little Ollie would be no problem for this company as they have to pull the huge trailers too. My buddy has an old Dodge with a Cummins diesel and makes about one trip a week now. He hauls to the west coast I know. If you call or contact Classic Transport (https://www.classictransport.com/) let them know how light and easy to pull our Ollies really are. As you probably already know they are 23'-6" and 4600#. I would volunteer my services, but I don't have the right kind of insurance. BTW your Ollie has to be insured before Oliver will let it leave the Oliver plant as this is Tennesee law, just for your info.

• Thanks 1

J-Rhett

Oliver Legacy Elite II (Irog)

1995 Ford F-250 x4 Turbo Diesel

Trek Bikes, Hobie Cat Kayak

FYI I would not let anybody tow my brand new Oliver with an old diesel truck, at least not very far. It may arrive soot stained and nasty looking.

I personally would be looking for flatbed transport, if I were to ship. But we are driving 30 hours to go get her....leaving in two weeks. Woohoo!

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Hi J-Rhett and John E. Davies,

Thank You for your responses. The owner we wanted to purchase used from, decided to keep their Oliver. But I will save your response J-Rhett, if another used should pop up that we are interested in. If we were buying new, we most certainly would make the trip ourselves, with that much of a purchase price. Thanks Again, Muppy (John & Cheryl ).

New Hampshire residents.

Retirement ( 12-31-2017)