Any Modifications To Sewer Connection?

Chixter

Looking at Reed’s picture, having mine seperated in half would not work with his storage, it needs every bit of space to squeeze in and with that rear propane connection, on the right, it wouldn’t be able to slide in. That’s a nice self protection wrench you have there.

After modifying the diamond plate, I can fit my hand around the hose to pull it out now. I may bend it down a bit more later, but for now I'm happy with the way it's working. I can live with 6% left in the tank when level. Have you guys tested the speed of the drain flow by opening the bathroom shower vent? Ours seems to shoot right out with it open and gurgle when it's closed.

Here's the link to the pics, etc...

http://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/reed-karens-blog/#post-53462

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

Hmmm just takes you to the blog... It starts at 53462 a couple up from the bottom. The link is right but it doesn't take you to the right post #... It shows my mod, so far. I ran out of daylight and buttoned it up but leveling out the hose and rounding the lip on the diamond plate was easy enough with a 12" Crescent and the grinder.

More server issues to deal with :)

Don't ask... Lol

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

If you get the macerator, isn’t it installed such that it’s out of the way?

It may be.  Stan & Lindas unit we looked at had a macerator installed, seemed to have lots of room in the bumper storage.  The hose for the macerator is only about 1" or so in diameter.  That makes a huge difference.  I do not like macerator systems.  I have 2 friends who use them and both say never again.  The pumps/grinders can and do fail and after that unless equipped for repair, what do you do with a full tank and no way to empty it?  One friend who camps frequently carries a re-build kit in his on-board tool supply.  Nasty work, or so I'm told.

• Moderators

Yup, it's nasty work. Better to carry a spare pump.

Paul's looking at replacing ours (next time it fails) with a marine pump, like we have on the boat. He said it could be placed so the outlet wasn't so tight...

Either that, or we return to stinky slinky original system...

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.