Stainless steel counter top

Raspy

[attachment file=20170420_183455.jpg]

20170421_190811-2.thumb.jpg.ffa6f607c5f5f3e1111195697b763bba.jpg

I just completed the installation of a 14 gauge 304 stainless counter top.

BTW I've posted this twice before and it never showed up here in the forum?20170422_211434-1.thumb.jpg.f32b6063dc616560cfe07346a48997f1.jpg

• Thanks 11

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

The 4 1/2" grinder with a cutoff wheel goes right through it.  Just have to be careful around the corners and to get the cutouts just right.  Probably took an hour to cut it out after getting it sheared and bent.  Then another hour or so to dress the corners and drill the screw holes to get the final fit.   All 10-24 stainless screws and nuts.  Easy access for all the nuts from behind.

I bent the backsplash at 90 degrees, but the wall leans in a bit, so it is kind of pressing against the wall.  Then it is all glued  with white silicone.  The screws take the load off the glue and push it to the exact spot.

This surface is much more durable and heat resistant than the original fiberglass surface.  The vulnerable factory surface was one of the things I noticed when I first looked at my Ollie.  I didn't want the faux granite either, as it is another resin surface.  The stainless will acquire some character with use and that's fine.  Only weighs about 8 or 10 lbs. I'd guess.

The cabinet is really well built from the factory. The top is thick fiberglass and has a honeycomb structure under the stove.  Very strong surface and surprisingly flat and square.

I'm very happy with this upgrade and it's not very hard to do.

• Thanks 2

John

Very Nice :)

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

The countertop looks amazing! Love it.  Maybe Oliver will consider offering stainless as an option.  I for one would have been in interested.

Yvonne

Yvonne & Doug

2017 Legacy Elite II, twin bed

Hull #223

2017 Ford F-250 Lariat, crew cab

John, If you put a hot pan on the counter top, will the heat transfer do any damage to the fiberglass surface underneath? Stan

That's part of the reason  did it.  It will offer a lot of heat protection, but I'll still have to be somewhat careful.  This is much more durable and heat resistant than the bare gelcoated fiberglass top.  It also is far better for cutting, scrubbing and just general use and abuse, in the long run.   I seems very practical and durable.

John