Introductions

Kayrae51

Hi everybody. My name is Kathy & my husband's name is Clair. We are retired baby boomers. I have been haunting this forum, as a member, since 2008. It has been a dream of mine to own an Oliver for years but it took Clair a bit longer to spark interest. Normally, I'm not much of a talker (can you tell?) but I've truly enjoyed reading all of comments & learning about the lovely "Ollie".

About us: We have owned various Class C, 5th wheel, pop-up & travel trailers over the past 30 years.  We feel the Legacy Elite ll would be perfect for our needs at this point in our lives. We used to travel with 3 dogs but we are now down to our one & only 16# terrier, Emma.  We generally stay at National, State, Corp of Engineer, and smaller parks. We both love, hiking & fishing & visiting with campground neighbors. I'm sure you are beginning to see why the Oliver would be perfect for us!  I am hoping this will be an Oliver year for us!

Clair &!Kathy Reed

Oakdale, TN

• Thanks 4

Clair & Kathy Reed - plus our travel companion: Emma

2017 Legacy Elite II - Hull# 245

2014 Ram 1500 3.0 V6 Eco-diesel 4x4

ALFLGAILINIAKYMIMONCOHPATNVAWVWIsm.jpg

Welcome, officially I suppose this time. I'm sure you must hold the record for lurker. I hope everything works out for the two of you and you are able to get your Oliver.

• Thanks 2

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

Thanks Mike,

I didn't know the rally would be open to non-owners. We are approximately 40 miles west of Knoxville, off I-40, on the eastern edge of the plateau.  A trip to Nashville takes us approx 2 1/2 hours. I'd have to look up how to get there from Nashville. Sounds like a fun trip!

Smiles...Kathy

• Thanks 1

• Moderator+

From Nashville head down the Natchez Trace till you get to a detour. The rally is right  after you exit the Trace.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Kathy and Clair,

WHEN you decide to come to the Ollie, do a couple of things.  Post an RSVP or call Ollie (my suggestion; to see how amicable they are) and let them know you are coming. Ask for details on the scheduled plant tours during the rally. Lurking is a great way to learn some of the possibilities with Ollie, but the tour will show you the dedication to quality that is evident in each and every hull.

Look forward to seeing you there.

• Thanks 1

Mike and Elizabeth Smith

Snow Lake Shores, MS

2016 Ford F150 3.5 EB, max tow (20,900  miles pulling Ollie since Sept 2016)

• Moderators

Kathy & Clair,

If at all possible, do come to the Rally.  Not only will you get a chance to meet many of us that are here on the Forum (I know that is not much of an incentive), but you will get to see what many of us have done to our Ollies, what options are available and might be good for you AND the behind the scenes stuff like the plant tour and presentations by some of the component suppliers.  Certainly both of you are more than welcome!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thanks so much for making us feel so welcome! Knowing that the Oliver community is so friendly makes a huge impression on me. I was looking over the info I've received on the rally and talked to Clair about it last night. I would love to come if we can work out the details. If we can't make it this time we will be sure to make an appointment for a factory tour in the near future. I noticed that there is an Ollie in Lenior City, quite close to our location, so we may be able to set up a viewing....that would be exciting. I agree that you never know for sure until you actually see one in person.

First off, I was crushed when the factory shut down! I thought my dream was dead....so you can imagine how elated I was to see them back in production. The timing has worked out quite well because we are finally at a point where we can get serious about ownership. We currently own a 24' Rockwood Mini-lite and tolerate it but don't love it. The smaller camper has brought back the fun that we were missing with our larger units though.

The reason I've been a lurker for all of these years is because I instantly fell in love with the Oliver and had to know more. The timing wasn't right for us in 2008 but I wasn't giving up. I used the forums to see how people were feeling about their Olivers and I could see that they are much loved.  I've been so impressed with  how its been manufactured & the fact that the company keeps moving forward & appears to care about its customers. Those things make a difference!

Well, I've chatted long enough...thanks again forr all of your warm welcomes!

Smiles...Kathy

• Thanks 3

We love our Oliver!!  We've owned travel trailers, pop-ups, and motorhomes.  We full-timed in a 40 ft. diesel pusher (Dutch Star) for several years and are currently full-timing in our Oliver.  We spent the winter in areas that the temperatures went down into the low 20s and always remained warm, many times only using a small ceramic heater.  We find it well built and backed by a wonderful company.  We had one issue right after we took delivery and the Oliver folks stood by their product and made things right for us.  We couldn't ask for better customer service!!  If you decide to purchase an Oliver you won't be disappointed!! Hope you can make the rally....would love to meet you both!!

• Thanks 2

We live in Lenoir City, TN. Very close to you. We would be happy to show you our new Oliver. Let me know if you are interested in viewing it and we can schedule a time. We are going to be traveling and can not make it to the Oliver rally this year, but will try to attend next year. Good luck to you as you consider this important purchase.

Tnbackroads

• Thanks 1

Kathy

we currently have more than 20 participants attending the rally that are not Oliver owners.  We have more than 110 attendees, so far. Some own Olivers, some other campers, some own no campers.  All are welcome!  For those that need a place to stay, the campground has cabins from the rustic to the plush.  Oliver rally attendees will receive a campground or cabin discount by notifying the reservations department that you are attending the rally.  Attendees are invited to participate in all of the rally, activities food and entertainment.  There is no charge.  If you do attend, go to the rally page on the Forum and register. We need a headcount for planning purposes.  We look forward to meeting you   Coy

• Thanks 2

OMG! I can't believe how kind everybody is here! Thank you all for making us feel so welcome.

Tnbackwoods - we would love to make arrangements to see your new Ollie - I will PM you so we can start making plans.

Coy - thank you so much for the information about the rally. It looks like Clair & I have to discuss things & make arrangements this weekend if we'd like to come over your way. We still have our Rockwook TT so we could bring it over. Thank you for your kindness.

Smiles...Kathy

• Thanks 1

Reservations made for Natchez Trace Wilderness Preserve (2 people-1 dog) for the Rally dates! I have also RSVP'ed for the plant tour & pre-ordered 2 rally t-shirts (a fun thing to do). Is there anything else I need to do, other than getting our Rockwood ready & hitting the road?

Kathy

• Moderators

Is there anything else I need to do, other than getting our Rockwood ready & hitting the road?

Bring beer/wine?  Twist is always thirsty!

Hope to meet you at the Rally.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 5 weeks later...

Greetings everyone!  Thanks for the add.  Thought we would join and learn more about the Oliver's.  We currently have a truck and truck camper we use to explore.  Interested someday in adding a travel trailer to the fleet.

Welcome MattyD :)

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Hi Bill - Hoping to pick up our Ollie in late July. If you get a chance check out the Big South Fork National Recreation Area - Bandy Creek Campground. We've camped there in our stck-built & really enjoyed it [see photo attached]. It would be great to meet someday!

Kathy (& Clair)

IMG_0027.thumb.jpg.a5854c68a7f1b40b997ae9c3b18a6d8d.jpg

• Thanks 3

• Moderators

Welcome, Claire, Kathy, and mattyd.

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Welcome MattyD! You will learn a lot about the Oliver TT' here. Hope you enjoy as much as I have.

Smiles....Kathy

Awesome photo! Our neighbors love Fall Creek Falls SP. They go at leasr twice a year....so we have put it on our list of places to check out.

We stayed at the Seven Points COE Park on the J. Percy Priest Resevoir near Hermitage, TN when Clair had a couple appointments with the VA in Nashville. Restrooms were well kept, it was quiet & inexpensive. Very pretty lake.

Smiles....Kathy

IMG_0064.thumb.jpg.2711ace487bee9f7b42ca33833a1492d.jpg

• Thanks 1