Hull #223 is resting comfortably..

Hikegsm

Hull #223 has hit the hills of East Tennessee and is at home in the Smokies! We picked up our Ollie last Friday!

We had the pleasure to meet and visit with Scott Oliver during our pickup. He made it clear to us that our, Oliver owners, suggestions are valued and often are incorporated into future products. It is clear that their goal as a company is to make the best camper possible and to meet their customers' expectations. Not many companies today care about their customers after the sale... Oliver is a different kind of company. They care.

Case in point, when we had a glitch in our pickup which was scheduled for Thursday, everyone at the factory went above and beyond to make us happy. Talking about taking care of your customers, folks, everyone at Oliver has been wonderful. Beginning with all the phone calls, emails, and questions that Anita patiently answered, to the guys in service working until after 9 p.m.; to Brent driving to Nashville, and then Jason coming in on Saturday to fix our door stop AGAIN after we broke it for the second time in as many days, (our bad, in our defense, our previous camper had a strong piston that kept the door open),Oliver goes the extra mile, literally, to make its' customers happy! Big THANK YOU to the entire Oliver Crew!

Now on with our story...

Due to a faulty satellite dish, a defective Dish receiver, and the Dish network itself going down due to maintenance issues, we were unable to take our new baby from the factory on Thursday. It took awhile to figure out the problem since it involved related components of the same system.

Although we were disappointed, all eventually turned out well. Oliver kindly booked us a nice suite and footed the bill for us and our 2 pooches at the Commodore Hotel in Linden. So it is on Friday afternoon instead of Thursday when we finally leave the factory and head to Fall Hallow where we are lucky enough to meet GeO and his wife who had just picked up the day before. While we are visiting with GeO, Brent is driving to Nashville Camping World just to get a new Dish receiver for us. He came by Fall Hallow and hooked it up for us that evening! Yeah! Everything worked!

We tested some things at Fall Hallow that first day but mainly we just moved in and celebrated with a glass of wine. Saturday we packed up, loaded the bike and moved on to Fall Creek Falls State Park. The new bike rack design works well; my husband is very pleased with it.

Saturday was hot and humid and we were thankful for full hookups and the chance to test the air conditioner. I have to say, it is loud, but I guess they all are. All systems so far checking out great without issues. Sunday cool weather, wind and rain. No need for the air conditioner! With all the wind & rain Ollie got a good water test and passed with no leaks or streaks! We would have loved to stay on our maiden voyage longer but had friends coming to visit so we packed up on Monday and headed home.

Hull number 223 is now resting securely with his new Gus Hill "the bull" ASSA lock ( btw, that sucker is massive) and patiently awaiting the next adventure.

We want to thank all of you on this forum. We have learned so much from you and your experiences. Through your posts you have guided us on which options and modifications to consider for our build, as well as what items we might want to purchase (love that Clam!). We have learned much on how to operate Ollie systems and to appreciate the uniqueness of our little egg. We love our new Ollie. Thank you All!

Sincerely,

Hull #223 & Crew

A93956BC-13AF-41B7-9D81-5E3100423E85.thumb.jpg.27f61b7db337a55130d876b63a0d7ca6.jpg

DB4545CC-AD85-4D7A-996B-859954894173.thumb.jpg.c06b889366d59e363c38a4bc843df0dd.jpg

IMG_0472.thumb.jpg.93249fa74a2db349e3058c21588ab5a7.jpg

• Thanks 5

Yvonne & Doug

2017 Legacy Elite II, twin bed

Hull #223

2017 Ford F-250 Lariat, crew cab

Yvonne & Doug,

Congratulations to Crew #223 on the beautiful Ollie!!!!! Agree, the folks at Oliver go above and beyond correcting problems to making the Ollie experience very positive.

Like the water falls and Ollie  shots, too. We enjoy camping in western NC & eastern TN, hopefully meet y'all sometime camping.

Best Regards from Crew #75!

Bill and Debbie,

• Thanks 3

LE2

• Moderators

Yvonne&Doug,

Thank you both for the kind words.  Glad things worked out well for you and for 223.  Be sure that many adventures await in that good looking rig.

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Yvonne & Doug,

CONGRATS!   and welcome to the family.  Glad you had a safe trip home.   I hope you got the Pro Backup Assist in your new Lariat.  It makes my life a whole lot easier when in reverse.

Would you please post more about the bike rack?  Did Oliver do that for you?   We have the old style and I would like very much to upgrade.  Pics of the rack would be much appreciated.    Thanks and Good Luck!

Gregg, Donna, and Piper (our 9 month old Westie)

Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145      and the Blue Whale - 2016 F-150

• Thanks 2

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

Yvonne & Doug,

CONGRATS! and welcome to the family. Glad you had a safe trip home. I hope you got the Pro Backup Assist in your new Lariat. It makes my life a whole lot easier when in reverse.

Would you please post more about the bike rack? Did Oliver do that for you? We have the old style and I would like very much to upgrade. Pics of the rack would be much appreciated. Thanks and Good Luck!

Gregg, Donna, and Piper (our 9 month old Westie)

Flying Sea Turtle – Hull # 145 and the Blue Whale – 2016 F-150

Hi Greg & Donna,

Thank you. Yes we did get the backup assist on the Lariat. We have not set it up yet though. We have the basket option and aren't quite sure where to place the sticker. Glad to hear it works well!

Oliver did do the bike rack. I posted more about it and some pictures on our actual pickup day because I promised someone that I would. It is on the "how are you transporting your bikes" thread. We have only been on the highway with the rack but are pleased with it so far.

IMG_3484.thumb.jpg.0cf3921a0bf6d5be58c2dca38c3760bd.jpg

IMG_3491.thumb.jpg.9a29edb7deb3f3a206e22d97f44c1d60.jpg

• Thanks 2

Yvonne & Doug

Hull #223

"Like the water falls and Ollie shots, too. We enjoy camping in western NC & eastern TN, hopefully meet y’all sometime camping."

Best Regards from Crew #75!

Bill and Debbie,

Thank you Bill & Debbie! Sounds like you hang out in our neck-of-the-woods. We live in Townsend, the quite side of the Smokies. We like waterfalls too. Water in general for that matter. Looks like your avatar could have been taken in the Park near us. Give us a shout-out if you are ever camping in the area! Love to meet other Oliver enthusiasts.

• Thanks 1

Yvonne & Doug

Hull #223

Congratulations, Nice color scheme :)

The Truma is so worth it :) Good times ahead!

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Congratulations, Nice color scheme ????

The Truma is so worth it ???? Good times ahead!

Thanks! We got the Truma largely on your endorsement! It is nice to have no worries about running out of hot water in the middle of rinsing the soap out of your hair ????

• Thanks 2

Yvonne & Doug

Hull #223

If you forget to turn on your propane and the truma water heater is on you will hear a weird sound as it tries to fire up.  This will keep you awake until you decide to investigate.  Do not ask me how i know this. :-)

Scotty

Hull 145  FST

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Is the bike setup a factory option?  How do you get to the sewer drain?

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

Susan, that's an old style rack that Oliver doesn't make anymore, unfortunately.  Personally, I think that was their best attempt at making a general purpose rack.  It was modeled after one that a long time owner had made for himself.  The drawback of the design is that it can be a real bear to remove, which you have to do to access the spare tire.

The rack sits above the bumper and so the bumper can still be folded down to access the drain.  

There are technical drawings for the rack floating around, for people who want to have one made by a 3rd party.

• Like 1