To anyone still experiencing issues with their cabinet doors coming open.

When we took delivery of our Oliver on may 1, i asked Jason about the issue of the cabinet doors coming open, he showed me their solution. The fix involved putting a spacer in between the inside of the latch and the door itself, they latch quite securely. The spacer appears to be about 1/4 in thick. I'm sure if you contact Jason he would provide you with the details.

STEVEnBETTY

Steve,

Do you have a picture of what they did? We picked up on 4/28 and I did not see any spacers. Our doors have not come open but I was surprised to note that the surround of the cabinet fronts is plastic and the latch appears to be only attached to that, it does not extend into the fiberglass. I guess this would protect the fiberglass shell in the event of a failure...

Interesting, our drawers do not have the magnets on the back like Karen & Reeds either. We do have the same drawer glides though. I haven't checked the screws yet but I will.

Thanks,

Yvonne

Yvonne & Doug

2017 Legacy Elite II, twin bed

Hull #223

2017 Ford F-250 Lariat, crew cab

Steve, Do you have a picture of what they did? We picked up on 4/28 and I did not see any spacers. Our doors have not come open but I was surprised to note that the surround of the cabinet fronts is plastic and the latch appears to be only attached to that, it does not extend into the fiberglass. I guess this would protect the fiberglass shell in the event of a failure… Interesting, our drawers do not have the magnets on the back like Karen & Reeds either. We do have the same drawer glides though. I haven’t checked the screws yet but I will. Thanks, Yvonne

I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet( old geezer, to dumb to learn????) If you open your cabinet look at the back of the latch on the door itself, you'll see a white spacer.

STEVEnBETTY

This is what we did to stop the kitchen drawers and night stand from opening.  We didnt have a problem with stuff crashing to the floor, but after seeing photos we thought we should come up with something.  Adams Manufacturing makes the suction cups in the usa.  They work really great.  Down side is you have to buy a bulk amount.  We got a spool of shock cord and attached with tie wraps and just put them on when we travel.  Then they just hang up in  the closet when we are camping.   But we are finding all kinds of cool uses for them.  Havent even started thinking of outside uses yet:)  janet g

IMG_0115.thumb.jpg.03f662a5f379c7dfc1b98330fcc701e5.jpg

• Thanks 4

When we took delivery of our Oliver on may 1, i asked Jason about the issue of the cabinet doors coming open, he showed me their solution. The fix involved putting a spacer in between the inside of the latch and the door itself, they latch quite securely. The spacer appears to be about 1/4 in thick. I’m sure if you contact Jason he would provide you with the details.

I posted about this earlier, but here is the fix I came up with for mine.  A couple of the doors were popping open while traveling.  You can feel the ones that are weak by carefully pulling on the latch.  If they open as soon as the latch moves, rather than having to pull the handle most of the way, they will likely open on the road.

I used a small piece of plastic cut from an extra venetian blind slat.  My thickness is 1/8"

The catch is held on with two screws and nuts.  The screws are not long enough to add the spacers, so you'll have to get longer ones as part of the fix.

After fixing two of them, a third one fell open on the last trip.  So I guess I should have done them all.  Noether of the ones with spacers have opened while traveling.  Easy and effective fix.

unnamed-1.thumb.jpg.b0d08314d3f95ba7c2c679d8b1b04a2a.jpg

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

This is what we did to stop the kitchen drawers and night stand from opening. We didnt have a problem with stuff crashing to the floor, but after seeing photos we thought we should come up with something. Adams Manufacturing makes the suction cups in the usa. They work really great. Down side is you have to buy a bulk amount. We got a spool of shock cord and attached with tie wraps and just put them on when we travel. Then they just hang up in the closet when we are camping. But we are finding all kinds of cool uses for them. Havent even started thinking of outside uses yet:) janet g

Excellent idea! I was considering putting in magnets like Reeds drawers or child proof locks if I had problems but your solution is so much simpler and not an eye sore when not in use.

Yvonne & Doug

Hull #223

When we took delivery of our Oliver on may 1, i asked Jason about the issue of the cabinet doors coming open, he showed me their solution. The fix involved putting a spacer in between the inside of the latch and the door itself, they latch quite securely. The spacer appears to be about 1/4 in thick. I’m sure if you contact Jason he would provide you with the details.

I took some pictures of the upper cabinet latch. I don't have a spacer in mine. The second picture is looking for underneath. Is this where you have spacers?

IMG_3558.thumb.jpg.af4d661303a4990c8b4f496e54fd9ee2.jpg

IMG_3562.thumb.jpg.3944e08870863c6768cf0d399c3267be.jpg

Yvonne & Doug

Hull #223