Options to consider during build

Hikegsm

I didn't want to struggle moving the mattress every time we needed to turn the water/pump valves for filling our water tank while boondocking so I asked Oliver to install an access door. It required them to move a duct for the furnace but they did it. In my opinion it should be a standard option but is not listed in the build sheets. It works great I highly recommend getting it. We also had an acesss door placed under the nightstand for easier access to the far end of the basement storage. I think it will be handy.

IMG_3573.thumb.jpg.b7182301694816b42fed491cfd3de493.jpg

IMG_3574.thumb.jpg.df74c522fd8f6989f420b4e36e7102d5.jpg

• Thanks 5

Yvonne & Doug

2017 Legacy Elite II, twin bed

Hull #223

2017 Ford F-250 Lariat, crew cab

Good question. I am not sure why they have that access port. I was told by Anita that it was not large enough of an opening to reach all the valves. I sure don't think I could reach them without the door. I suppose the port was already in when I asked for the door.

Yvonne & Doug

Hull #223

They started incorporating the access hatch when more people asked about it to reach just the gravity drain valve easily for breakdown, so I believe it is now standard, asking for anything else just gets you more in addition.

• Thanks 2

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

The access port also allows easy access to the Suburban heater's reset switch located on the right side of the heater...

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

You are showing an access door on the curb side and one under the night stand. Is one of these now a standard? Does it cost much to add them? Do you use them?

The doors are not standard. The round access port is standard. I use the doors to for easy access to the the water pump valves (curbside) and the rear of the basement storage compartment ( nightstand door).  The were $175 each.

• Thanks 1

Yvonne & Doug

Hull #223

Going back to the title, we would have liked another AC outlet on either the front or preferably the right side of the stove. Then another on the street side towards the front from the storage compartment because most of the outside work goes on right there. We turned the fold down door into a level light weight work table.

The pantry is the only cabinet without a light and it could really use one :)

• Thanks 2

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II