New Kitchen Faucet

Raspy

Just installed this nice faucet we found at IKEA.  Easy to reach handle (right in front and on top) and it splashes less on the counter.

Kit-faucet.thumb.jpg.41d31fb4393a0d3944299e587bce22c7.jpg

• Thanks 3

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

• Moderators

Very pretty. I like a lot of Ikea stuff, though not all of it.

. I wonder if they still have the lifetime warranty on faucets? They used to...

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Is that the stainless steel counter top I read about somewhere? Very nice, indeed. And the faucet, yeah, that too.

Yes, that's the stainless steel counter top I made a few weeks ago.  There are pix of it in an earlier thread.

John

Nice faucet! I am considering changing our faucet too. The one the factory is installing now is too big for the sink. The one you chose looks like a bettter fit. Was it an easy change out?

Yvonne & Doug

2017 Legacy Elite II, twin bed

Hull #223

2017 Ford F-250 Lariat, crew cab

Is that the Bosjön?  If so, we have that same faucet saved on our Ikea list, though we're leaning toward the Ringskär instead.  I like that it has a pull out, but a much smaller and maneuverable one than what comes standard with the Ollie.  My only concern is that it might be too tall.  I love the design of both faucets, though I haven't a clue what the reliability might be - they seem well built enough.

We asked Oliver about fitting this sink also, but it won't fit.  I haven't heard which dimension is too big but I think it's the plumbing for the double basin that interferes with the drawers - just a guess, but from the dimensions I took it should have worked.  Not a big loss - we might get the smaller one instead, even though it's not all that different from the standard bowl - only because we like all of the accessories that Ikea has to fit.

Nice faucet! I am considering changing our faucet too. The one the factory is installing now is too big for the sink. The one you chose looks like a bettter fit. Was it an easy change out?

The faucet needs a small modification to the PEX lines under the sink to really fit the best.  The BOSJON listed for North America says it has the 1/2" connections but our had 3/8" compression.  At the big box store you can easily get a 3/8" compression by 1/2" male adapter and put that in.  The stock Ollie connectors are just hand tighten wing nuts.

I went a step further just because I wanted to make it as good as I could.  I found two valves that are 1/2" crimp PEX by 3/8" compression. I cut Ollie's lines a bit shorter and installed those valves on the hot and cold.  Now it fits perfectly and I can isolate it if needed.

The faucet also has stops inside that limit how far it swings.  That prevents it from banging into the cabinet or the back wall, even though you get a full swing.  It is way more convenient than the stock one I took out and Liye really likes it!

John

Is that the Bosjön? If so, we have that same faucet saved on our Ikea list, though we’re leaning toward the Ringskär instead. I like that it has a pull out, but a much smaller and maneuverable one than what comes standard with the Ollie. My only concern is that it might be too tall. I love the design of both faucets, though I haven’t a clue what the reliability might be – they seem well built enough. We asked Oliver about fitting this sink also, but it won’t fit. I haven’t heard which dimension is too big but I think it’s the plumbing for the double basin that interferes with the drawers – just a guess, but from the dimensions I took it should have worked. Not a big loss – we might get the smaller one instead, even though it’s not all that different from the standard bowl – only because we like all of the accessories that Ikea has to fit.

Yes, it's the BOSJON.  We have other IKEA faucets in the house and they seem to be very well built.   You might look under the sink before you install a pull out model.   The pull-out models always have a weight attached to the extra long hose to retract it.  There isn't much room under there and that weight will be flailing around as you drive hammering on other things or getting tangled.  See what you think when you take a look.

John

• Moderators

Delta in the home kitchen sinks, but replaced one bathroom faucet 10 to twelve years ago with a mid-range Ikea chrome faucet. Looks and works like new. Ikea stocks free parts for a year or two after discontinuation..free.

I've been thinking about a sprayer pulldown,too, in the trailer. Hadn't thought about the weight on the hose. Thanks for the thought, Raspy. I wonder if one couldn't just pull the spray head into the sink before breaking camp? I carry the tea kettle and coffee carafe in the dishpan, all wedged together, anyway. Hmmmm. At least the hose wouldn't be flailing around....

For the last seven or eight years, we've used a water saving lever in place of the aerator. I'd really like a sprayer, though.

It'll probably not happen for me till the original Skandvik faucet has an issue, which could be another nine years....

The Skandvik marine faucets are built tough.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hadn’t thought about the weight on the hose. Thanks for the thought, Raspy. I wonder if one couldn’t just pull the spray head into the sink before breaking camp? I carry the tea kettle and coffee carafe in the dishpan, all wedged together, anyway. Hmmmm. At least the hose wouldn’t be flailing around….  

You could do that, or you might just pull it out and put a clothespin type clamp on the hose at the faucet to keep it from retracting. You might also put a bungee cord on it below to do away with the weight.  That would also steer it away from other stuff it might tangle on and keep it from beating on things down there.

The inside of the outer hull, with it's delicate insulation is right there below the faucet.  Also, the microwave plug is directly below the faucet.

• Thanks 1

John

• Moderators

In your trailer, it's different. My microwave plug is in the cabinet. (2008).

When, and if we get around to replacing the very stout factory Skandvik faucet, I will look at your ideas .

Simplest for me, add pulling the sprayer into the sink as part of my departure routine. Just one more small step..

Stow everything that can fly. Cushions to the back. Cram everything in cupboards and fridge to immobilize.

Turn off pump. Water heater. Furnace. Check fridge. Power bank. Etc.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• 4 years later...