The Mysterious Chrome Pole - Newbies Want To Know!

stuartw

Greetings all ... I'm new to this forum but not to RVs (we're on #4). I must say that I'm intrigued by the Oliver size / quality, the loyal owner community evidenced by this forum, and by the ability to customize the unit at the factory - it seems I spend the first few months with each rig adding this or changing that just to get things the way they should've been in the first place.

We just got back from a 1,600 mile 9 day loop down into the Great Smokies with our current rig, a Dodge Ram 3500 SRW and a 26' Holiday Rambler TT. The $4.50 a gallon diesel got a bit old after the first 150 gallons or so. :shock: So something that might tow a bit easier and give us better mileage would be a good thing!

One quick question that probably belongs in the FAQs. I searched but didn't find anything that clearly explains what the chrome pole inside the trailer is for and if it can be removed. I saw one post re: twin beds that implied it can be removed to make the one twin longer (good because I'm 6'1").

Also, are there any rumblings about a longer/wider unit at some point in the future?

Thanks in advance!

Stuart

I believe that the pole is used as a support system to support the back cushion when the small dinette is in table mode, and as a bit of separation between the small dinette and bed area. I like it much better than the Casita's way of handling this with a divider wall - the pole creates a much more open looking space.

Although, I have fun telling people we'll be having a stripper pole in our trailer when they ask about it. *giggle*

- Cherie

• Moderators

Every time I grab that chrome tubeing in the middle of the night, from now on, I will hear the music, I will feel as though I need to strut down the runway, er, walkway to the bathroom. Yeh I can see the look on butcherknife's face now, as I bump and grind my way down the carpet. I gotta' find someway to get that chrome pole to play the brassy trumpet sounds, accompanied by the heavy drum beats of "the stripper" !! :o WOoooHOooo !! :shock:

>

DISCLAIMER STATEMENT:

Any psycological scarring caused by the thoughts evoked by the above statement are un-intentional. Do not try this stunt at home, whether wearing briefs or boxers. It should only be attempted by trained professionals. :mrgreen:

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Butcherknife,

You MUST capture that on video, using night infrared so Mountainborn won't know he's on candid camera and he can be uninhibited as he bumps on down the runway, er walkway, in the middle of the night! :o

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Naaaaaw, i just figured we'd get more catfish extravaganzas at the rallies if'n we told Mountainborn he needed to pony-up a big old fish fry or we'd throw the "special video" on that flat screen TV we moved outside our Oliver, complete with surround sound! :twisted:

Man, oh, man . . . I can taste that catfish already. 8-)

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

I'm not a hockey fan, so one of y'als gonna' have to get the mask, but I got a good idea where to get the camo boxers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And having had the pleasure of meeting this great couple,I'm pretty sure that nightvision film would not be needed!!!!

See what ya' started StuartW????? :o

All in hilarity!!, Chuck 8-)

Greetings all ... I'm new to this forum but not to RVs (we're on #4). I must say that I'm intrigued by the Oliver size / quality, the loyal owner community evidenced by this forum, and by the ability to customize the unit at the factory - it seems I spend the first few months with each rig adding this or changing that just to get things the way they should've been in the first place.

We just got back from a 1,600 mile 9 day loop down into the Great Smokies with our current rig, a Dodge Ram 3500 SRW and a 26' Holiday Rambler TT. The $4.50 a gallon diesel got a bit old after the first 150 gallons or so.
:shock:
So something that might tow a bit easier and give us better mileage would be a good thing!

One quick question that probably belongs in the FAQs. I searched but didn't find anything that clearly explains what the chrome pole inside the trailer is for and if it can be removed. I saw one post re: twin beds that implied it can be removed to make the one twin longer (good because I'm 6'1").

Also, are there any rumblings about a longer/wider unit at some point in the future?

Thanks in advance!

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Welcome to the forum. While I have yet to acquire one of the magnificent Olivers, I have had a chance to check them out. I was told that the pole could be eliminated. However, that would obviously preclude the opportunity to use it to make make an interesting video. :roll:

Peace and Sunshine :D

Hi Stuart and welcome to our forum.

You do not have to have the "stripper pole". An "Oliver" went out last week without one and with it's Route 66 cushions, it looked fabulous!!

The pole is actually used as a back rest for the dinette as one member mentioned, but we are flexible here and aim to please!! We want everyone to be happy with their new addition to the family!!

Happy camping!

Northwoods

Well this is definitely a lively bunch, isn't it? ;)

I can just see the new 2009 Oliver brochures proudly highlighting the stripper pole, the first to be installed as a standard production item in *any* RV : "Our careful research shows that none of the high-end rigs like Provost offer this glittering feature - for the new model year we've even included a special place in the silverware drawer to keep extra $1 bills for tipping as appropriate".

Thanks to all for their responses!

Cheers,

Stuart

Ahhhhhhhhh Stuart, this Oliver Family is something else. (Not quite sure what yet, but I love the happy attitudes!) Welcome aboard! Cherie...... I think Mountainborn is ready for his first pole lesson! :roll: You better head to the Fort Smith Arkansas rally with us.. and give the poor man some help! I'll hold the camera! hahaha :lol:

Oh my.. what did I start here? *giggle* Based on the responses here, I think Chris and I have indeed found not only the right trailer for us, but the right community too! :D

Ok.. so, next Oliver Rally will need to have Stripper Pole lessons/demos.

~Cherie~