Fabric Yardage for seat cushions

Bshaffer

We are very excited to be purchasing our new to us Oliver this weekend. We have been long time Uhaul CT owners.   Going to make a mad dash from Texas to Illinois to get it. Wish us luck! lol

Gotta drive straight through as I'm a teacher and I can't take time off at this stage of the year.

Anyways.... my question is does anyone have experience recovering all of the cushions? I'm  wondering about a rough estimate of yardage needed so I can order some awesome fabric.  I like lots of color so I want to change out the conservative cushions for something that better suits us.

I apologize if this has been discussed before in the forums. I have not come across a search feature yet. If there is one, could someone please guide me to it and I will not unnecessarily bother you again :-D

Brandi

Brandi Shaffer

Brandi,

Welcome and no question is ever bother here. I'm sorry I can't help you, mine is an Elite II, hopefully someone with an original will chime in. Make sure to post some pictures, someone who likes things colorful should be able to do wonders with a RED Oliver (if not mistaken)

I don't believe a search would help as I cannot recall anyone mentioning fabric measurements in the past.

Good luck with the trip

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

Brandi,

Welcome and Congratulations on your new Ollie!

We purchased our Ollie used from a couple in MO and they recovered the dinette cushions and two pillows on the bed before our purchase of the Ollie. Sorry I don't have additional information for you:

IMG_2241-X2.jpg

• Thanks 1

LE2

Brandi

I suggest you contact Anita at the Oliver sales office and request the name, contact information of the upholstery company in Mississippi.  This gentleman is very easy to work with.  He will have all of the templates for all of your cushions.  We chose our own fabric at a fabric store then had it shipped to Mississippi.  He can make you the covers for your cushions and send them to you.  Since he has the templates, they will fit much better than you taking them to a local upholstery shop.

Another note.  It is important you buy the right fabric.  I worked in a sewing factory and have my own heavy duty (upholstery) sewing machine.  My point is not all upholstery material will be suitable for cushions.  Some will rip, crawl, or come apart.  I got a swatch of material and sent it to Mississippi.  He checked the material and call me back saying it was good material.  Give him a call before you have covers made.

• Thanks 4

Welcome!! I think Hardrock gave you great advice. We had some additional back cushions made and this gentleman did the work. They look great!!

Please be sure to post some pics of your Ollie. We would love to see how you decorate and fix it up.

Safe travels!!

Thank you for your advice. I am no stranger to sewing cushions. I have recovered many camper cushions. I even made new tent ends for a 1970 Apache pop up camper. lol

If I have time, Id prefer to do them myself. Here is what I did to our 1984 Uhaulesbbsjkhjz0myr01u9puxby223ndsouw.jpg.7bca7b51f55bc592b4cbe8daa48393ff.jpg

uhaul3.jpg.9392d4356d1e73c15dc09e651879807a.jpg

uhaul1.jpg.38c0f8624218caaa73485c71d0584a6c.jpg

• Thanks 3

Brandi Shaffer

• Moderators

You do beautiful work, Brandi.

Are you familiar with Toto fabrics and winterbeach modern? I've purchased great fabrics from them online, at great discounts.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.