Window Screws coming loose

Hi Everyone,

Waiting to speak with Jason about several issues and thought I would put up a post about this one.

I found a small cut off screw on one of the bunks.  Then found another.... and another....and... you get the picture.   Took off the window shade and found that several screws have come loose from the window frame.  They look like they were sheared off.  I tried replacing them but they won't screw back in.

I will ask Jason about this when we speak and share anything I learn.  It might be worth pulling your window shades to make sure you don't have a screw loose.

If anyone has solved this little dilemma, please let us know.

Thanks,

Scotty

Window-Frame-Screw.jpg.211b55758af24b2768b4b35c831d0ebd.jpg

IMG_0303.thumb.jpg.90da7a1d6d3296b6c83e3fb3181312a3.jpg

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

Hi Mike,

You called it.  Jason said that this was probably due to over tightening.    He is sending me some replacement screws to replace them with.

Will let you all know when I get that done.

Scotty

• Thanks 2

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

• Moderators

Well, I was just about to reply that I might have a figurative "screw loose"...

but no window screws loose, in 9 years.

Not to make light of your situation. Glad you and Jason figured it out

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
Hi Mike, You called it. Jason said that this was probably due to over tightening. He is sending me some replacement screws to replace them with. Will let you all know when I get that done. Scotty

The issue may be getting the piece of the screw that didn't come out.  Mine broke right at the head of the screw.  I'll ask if he can send me a few.  I don't like being a loose screw.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Interesting that the hull numbers are so close, as this would be an Oliver install item, I wonder if they maybe had a new hard charging enthusiastic employee installing them, hopefully they slowed him down a little since then.

Seems anyone around those hull numbers might benefit a closer inspection, if concerned.

• Thanks 2

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

• 1 month later...