Current Prices and now new knowledge

Chixter

OK I went over the build sheet to price what I believe we would want.  There may be a couple of small gotchas that are not listed like extra hatch(s) or if I can talk them in to my lower plate mod for sewer access....that aside, the big take away is:

What is "Twin Bed Riser Package"? (+ $1,000) I have not seen this or read about it on anyone's build.  I guess it is raising the height of the beds for deeper storage?? but aren't these bed platforms molded in?

Secondly, I am on the fence (but slightly leaning towards) Solar capabilities.  The main reason is "know thyself" and while I may be up for a week long excursion into beautiful remote nothingness, (hey I lived in Alaska wilds for over a year), I verily doubt that Carole would enjoy that.  We chase the action, that action being antique buying runs, large scale events like Brimsfield, Elephants Trunk, etc.  Also scouring the back country like the pickers we are.  There are generally plenty of full  hookup places around during the spring, summer and fall.  I mapped the places where we have been and campgrounds abound.  In some of these places though, hotels were 25+ miles away and depending on the season, $150 or more / night.  So our "camping" is really more of bringing our lodging with us and allowing us more room to explore. The trailer also gives us the capabilities to be on the selling side of the equation, renting a space and a table to start unloading the 2 roomfuls of Roseville pottery and such she (we) have accumulated. This  infrequent trip would entail "boondocking" for 2-3 days max and most I've seen are on generators.  I plan on having a generator Honda/Yamaha 2000i.  I would have that genny whether I opt for the Solar or not, in case of needing AC in the summer (Atwood Air Command or Dometic with Soft Start).  I have also suggested short duration trips into the outback for like 2 days and she says....'then get the solar, and take Boston' (my dog).  I would just hate to not be utilizing the most expensive option, is all.

• Moderators

If you're not sure you'd use the solar, ask about a price for prewire and backing plates. It won't be much, I'm sure, and then you could then add solar later.

For us, solar opened a whole new dimension to camping. But, that's not true for everyone.

In our older campers (2008), there was no foam insulation impeding adding wire, but it was still a tough retrofit when we added our panels six months after delivery.

Solar ready would be good, IMO, if you are on the fence.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

What is “Twin Bed Riser Package”? (+ $1,000) I have not seen this or read about it on anyone’s build. I guess it is raising the height of the beds for deeper storage?? but aren’t these bed platforms molded in?

When it comes to mods, Steve is the king. Here is his thread, page 2 had the bed riser.

http://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/mods-of-the-outlaw-oliver/

As Sherry points out, having it set up for solar, without the expense of components, would be the way to go, even more so in terms of resale value, with new equipment coming out all the time, you'd be doing everything possible to future proof it.

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

• Moderators

Does Oliver currently offer a solar ready package?

If not, they should.

My engineer husband came up with our retrofit sidemounted package, and Oliver worked with us.

Like our solar powered home, we wouldn't be without it.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hi, not sure if this link will work. If not just put in the search box at the top ... Bed riser pictures.  http://olivertraveltrailers.com/search/Bed+riser+pictures/

Muppy

New Hampshire residents.

2016 Chevy Silverado 1500, Crew Cab, LTZ/short box, 5.3L Ecotec3 V8 w/ tow/haul mode /20 inch wheels

Retirement ( 12-31-2017)  

8/25/2019, we purchased the previously owned “2017 Oliver Elite ll  Hull #170, Standard King Bed, Solar package, Nature’s Head Composting Toilet and all the extras”!