The Giant JellyBean !

Bshaffer

We are soo excited. We were planning on getting a new Oliver in a few years but there is no way that we could pass up a RED Oliver. Hull # 10.

Winn and I live just outside of San Antonio, Texas. We traveled up near Chicago to get this baby. We had tears on both sides. Happiness and sadness.

I promised my students that I'd be back in time for class on Monday so it was straight up and straight back. It's the last full week of school so it is filled with activities.  Dang. My plan to get out of field day in the Texas heat is foiled again. Can't let them down. Lol

My husband is retired Airforce and currently does contract work as an environmental engineer. I teach fifth grade science. We like to travel around during free time.

We we currently have a 1984 Uhaul. The plan was to sell it but I changed my mind. I couldn't do it just yet. Maybe later :-)

IMG_3628.thumb.jpg.f98a21b01b89106a1ccdc2ee65132b8d.jpg

• Thanks 2

Brandi Shaffer

• Moderators

We saw that cutie, too, in 2008. What an adorable trailer.

I hope you enjoy it for many years.

Congrats.

S

You're not far from bugeye driver. He's out of pocket for several months, but can help you with many things on your 2008 when you catch up. A wonderful friend, and megacamper.

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Brandi & Air Force,

Congrates and welcome to the Oliver Family!  Certainly hull #10 has a storied history - hopefully you got at least some of the details about your new baby.  I'm sure that many more adventures await the three of you.  Please keep us posted and pictures are always welcome.

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Brandi, that's great news!  We are also just outside of San Antonio and are neighbors to another Elite owner (bugeye driver).  Let us know if you have any questions or need help with anything.  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Thanks Bill!

I keep searching for more of the story of the red. So far as we understand it, Oliver made a red one to take to Vegas for promoting the trailer brand. It was purchased by a lady to go camping with her mother but unfortunately the mother passed away before they could do much camping.  It was then placed into storage for several years where it was eventually put up for sale.  The second owners bought it but it also sounded like they didn't do too much camping either.

Does its birth sound like what you have heard?

Brandi Shaffer

:) I always liked that Red Ollie. Congratulations :)

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Ok. I think we are somewhere in OK.  Trying to make it home to San Antonio. Stopped at a rest stop to take a nap and one of the window blinds was hanging by a corner.  I took it off and put it on the bed to ride since I couldn't figure out how to reattach it.  Any advice??

Also. Am I missing something? Is there supposed to be a blind on the door window?

Something interesting... I have read about several people complaining about the cream colored walls.  Ours are not cream. They are bright white.

Thanks!

Trying go stay awake by playing around in these forums ;)

Brandi Shaffer

Hi Brandi-  Congrats on the red Oliver.

Assuming the blinds are the same as newer models, they just clip on to the windows with a little pressure. If you take a look at another window for the proper alignment, it should be quite easy to snap back on.  No blinds for the door.

• Thanks 1

GrayGhost

2015 Legacy Elite II Hull # 98

2020 F150 3.5 EcoBoost

• Moderators

Brandi,

The Giant Jellybean and you were obviously made for each other!  Welcome to the Ollie family. We early Ollie owners always wondered about the lack of cover for the see through door window.  For nightime privacy, we tend to hang a lightweight towel, or shirt on the head bumper.  There are some other options as well.

I've sent you a PM with contact information and will be glad to answer any questions that you may have.

Your Giant Jellybean will garner a lot of attention where ever you go . . .

Pete

• Thanks 1

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

If the blind is coming off, with ours, the metal brackets needed to be tightened. Then they snap right into place. They're easy to take off and clean or some people like to turn them the other way so that the night shade comes up from the bottom.

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

• Moderators

Sometimes, you think the shade is in the perfect spot, but it isn't. Look to the left and right at the alignment. It's pretty tight on our 2008. An 1/8 or 1/16 off won't allow the blind to seat. Just slide it a little to the left or right.

With the blind off, you can see the bottom clips that have to seat.

A gentle pop with the hand will seat the clips, if it's properly aligned to begin with.

Even so, your blind may work loose on bumpy roads.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Awesome!!! Thank you!!

now we have another weird mystery.  The cushions in the picture go with the camper. However, those are not the cushions we got. We have ugly brown and blue ones that just do not go with the red.  Not only are they wrong but we noticed that one of the long dinette cushions with the attached small square pillow is wrong. The zipper is on the top. So we got two pillow sets that are made for the left side. Lol

Brandi Shaffer

• Moderators

You bought a unique piece of fiberglass and Oliver history. Your camper was one of the earliest show models. The black one had Vegas style upholstery. Cute, but probably not great fabric.

Back in the day, customers could ship any fabric they wanted, and Oliver's upholsterer would work with it. Not very economical, really. However, I suspect the first owner of your trailer wanted something to his/ her taste, even if it didn't match the trailer color. Or, had a local recover the first set, as, again, not to his/her taste.

We were the first (hull #12) to ask for an upgraded more supportive foam. The first few trailers had a foam that was lower density, kind of bottomed out if you weighed more than 150 pounds. Oliver made our foam choice standard after seeing ours made up.

Since you were planning to make new covers, anyway, (and you do beautiful work!), can you work with the foam, or do you need to replace it, as well? Maybe, the ugly covers got you better foam? Or not... Just curious.

Btw, we leave the back dinette set up as a bed, all the time. Fwiw, I'd get a 2/3, 1/3 mattress if and when we ever replace the large dinette cushions. But, that's just us. We only use the small dinette for seating.

Congrats again. I swooned over your trailer nine and a half years ago. Still do. It's so unique, and cute.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderator+

Brandi, I have tons of pictures of your red trailer and the black trailer taken all the way from 2008 to present.   Your history seems to be spot on. We are currently traveling in the far western reaches. We have just left from leading the Southern Utah Tour and are headed north towards Salt Lake City and then on into Idaho, Washington and Oregon. We will be home sometime in mid July. I would be happy to share what pictures I have of your trailer with you.

• Thanks 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg