Formaldahyde

rvngal

• Moderator+

Check the thread "Hello All". Robert addresses this issue in the last post.

Not knowing the chemical makeup of the products used in the production of the Oliver shell, I could not say what is used. From a personal standpoint, however, I visited the Oliver plant 4 times during the process of getting the "Outlaw Oliver" and there was the strong smell of fiberglass resin present in the building. This would be expected since the only thing they do there is produce fiberglass products. The trailers themselves, however, don't have any residual odor from that manufacturing process. Now that she is home, aside from a faint flowery smell from the chemicals put into the black tank, there is nothing.

Since there are no pressed wood products or carpeting in the trailer, I don’t think you will find any objectionable odors in the Oliver.

Hope this helps...

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

Recently while camped above 10,000 feet of elevation in Trujillo Meadows, in Southern Colorado, beside a trout filled lake, Butcherknife built a campfire. The Snow Mosquitoes were fierce ! The idea was to move the mosquitoes away with the smoke. We placed green conifer boughs on the fire occasionaly. The smoke drifted towards the open windows of the camper and in particular, the screen door, which was good. The mosquitos would gather at the screen door looking for a taste of my tender and dellicate skin ! :shock: We ran the fantastic fan on low to trap the mosquitoes in the fan screen so we would be mosquito free that night. The fan also brought in the fragrant scent of the campfire. It lingered only briefly, but I can rember it now . . .

Our Ollie has never had any famildihyde odor at all, even with our country cookin' style, odors are not residual. Thanks to the easy to clean surfaces inside. I think that might be good for those of us with allergys. ;)

This photo is of the fire building by Butcherknife:

06-24-08_1557-1.jpg

Note the cozy little place we were able to back into amongst the Conifers. The Snow Mosquitos leave when the sun goes down. We brought out the lawn chairs and enjoyed the stars under clear skys at 10 K feet !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)