"New Easy Snap" propane cover latches?

"New Easy Snap" propane cover latches? I see this is being advertised on the new 2017's but I don't remember seeing it before so, do you have them? Or... what are they? I may have them and not know it and was just reading the sale page again. Ours are the old Hummer Hood Latch style that you can upgrade to an after market chrome :)

https://www.amazon.com/Hummer-Smooth-Chrome-Billet-Latches/dp/B00WH6MBKW/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_bs_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HF9E5T5TKAJ82TPQK3CQ

https://www.amazon.com/Hummer-Billet-Aluminum-Chrome-Spring/dp/B00WH6M79W/ref=pd_sbs_263_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00WH6M79W&pd_rd_r=SZW6Q8R1CJQ1RD1YH57Z&pd_rd_w=GHI7Z&pd_rd_wg=JSB2u&psc=1&refRID=SZW6Q8R1CJQ1RD1YH57Z

IMG_20170308_164859.thumb.jpg.35f741e5235f310ffc7b3350c6547a49.jpg

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

“New Easy Snap” propane cover latches? I see this is being advertised on the new 2017’s but I don’t remember seeing it before so, do you have them? Or… what are they? I may have them and not know it and was just reading the sale page again. Ours are the old Hummer Hood Latch style that you can upgrade to an after market chrome ???? https://www.amazon.com/Hummer-Smooth-Chrome-Billet-Latches/dp/B00WH6MBKW/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_bs_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HF9E5T5TKAJ82TPQK3CQ https://www.amazon.com/Hummer-Billet-Aluminum-Chrome-Spring/dp/B00WH6M79W/ref=pd_sbs_263_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00WH6M79W&pd_rd_r=SZW6Q8R1CJQ1RD1YH57Z&pd_rd_w=GHI7Z&pd_rd_wg=JSB2u&psc=1&refRID=SZW6Q8R1CJQ1RD1YH57Z IMG_20170308_164859

The latches we have on hull 219 are used on the newer Kenworth , Peterbilt, class 8 trucks, to hold the hood closed, the old ones were rubber and you had to stretch them to latch.  The latches we have now work much better.

STEVEnBETTY

You have latches that are a later design than mine.  I have the rubber straps which are very hard to use.

• Thanks 1

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

• 2 weeks later...

Our unit has the same latches as yours, and yes they are the 'new' 2017 style. We like the latches. They work great. What we are a little 'disappointed' with is how tight a fit the cover is to the hull. It is difficult to remove because the front jack is so close. Even a little more clearance between it and the leveling jack would be a big advantage. We are about to put a 4" "inspection port" into the cover. They are only about $12.95 at the marine hardware store. We didn't opt for that $80 option from the factory. We had planned to put larger hatches on the side so we could put our blocks in there, but the factory changed the configuration of the space. A large outlet box, for the leveling switches, is now wired direct into the hull. Also the size of the box precludes moving the gas tanks forward. The supporting structure for the tanks seems to be so much better than pictures we have seen of previous units.

• Thanks 1

The port makes a big difference when putting the cover back on because you can put your arm into the hole and guide it into place and feel to make sure that the lip on the top of the cover goes into its slot. I like the 6" port because my arm fits right in :)

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

I used a 4" port, as I was readily able to borrow a hole saw that is usually used for dryer vents. Also probably will put one on the starboard (curb) side for a gas line. We didn't like the idea of a gas line fitting being expose to road debris. So a flexible line with a shut off will be plumbed  to that port. The connection from on the tanks are right there. I have to assume that is where the factory connects to as well. Start to finish project probably only took about an hour or so. Probably would have taken twice as long in the field. Still a well worth effort...

• Thanks 1