Recomendations for propane grill.

T-Oliver

The Weber Q series are very good. We have a Q1000, and it is better than any portable BBQ we have ever used.

The Weber grills are not set up to connect to the propane quick connect, but there is an easy fix from this earlier post.

http://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/ordering-new-oliver/#post-34473

• Like 1

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

The WeberQ seems to be the go to grill from other threads we've had and also from what I've seen elsewhere.  I'm going to try out the Charbroil Grill2Go only because we have an infrared grill here at home and really like it.  I've seen some high end trailers/rv's that come with the pricy Solaire grills, so you might look at those also - I've read that if you get one of those to be sure to get the upgraded marine stainless since the regular one will discolor.  If money were absolutely no object, I'd get a TEC Cherokee.

• Like 1

Karen & I love the Cobb Grill because it does everything including baking bread.

IMG_20170424_181118.thumb.jpg.6ab839065a7518c898c119789c1594e6.jpg

IMG_20170426_192113.thumb.jpg.01a93bce8f8a0d571e25aabab4ff8f17.jpg

We've had pizza a few times now, and that's always a hit :)

Yea, it's not propane... But it's well worth it. The propane grill is no longer in the trailer :)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

• Moderators

I have the Weber Q1000 too, modified to run off the propane quick connect.  I also carry the small, rectangular Weber charcoal grill.  Even though the Q1000 works great, I use the charcoal grill 90% of the time.  In fact, this last 5 week trip I didn't use the Q once.  There's something about the ritual of firing up the charcoal grill!  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

We have owned far too many grills - Gas and charcoal. We currently have a Cobb and an older gas Olympian 5100. Clair really likes the Olympian so I have a feeling it will be the one he packs for our first trip with the Oliver

Smile....Kathy

Clair & Kathy Reed - plus our travel companion: Emma

2017 Legacy Elite II - Hull# 245

2014 Ram 1500 3.0 V6 Eco-diesel 4x4

ALFLGAILINIAKYMIMONCOHPATNVAWVWIsm.jpg

• Moderators
The Weber baby q is great, according to our friends.

We bought an infrared grill nine years ago , no longer available. We carried it for a year or two, and gave it up. Great little grill, though, and we still have it, in storage.

We primarily cook over the campfire. That’s our preference. Not suitable for everyone. Nor, every campsite.

Sherry

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We have the Weber Q1000 and really love it. I carry an extra propane bottle in a milk crate in the back of our pickup that I use for both the Weber and our fire pit. We have the propane quick connects on front and back of the trailer but I don't use them. We use the Weber at just about every stop.

Hap.

Sometimes at our home in Florida.  After several months on the road traveling from our home to California up the eastern side of the mountain range through Ca. Or. and Wa. around Olympic National Park, back down 101 to Los Angeles and now parked in the parking lot of the mothership in Hohenwald. We are having a couple of minor issues addressed tomorrow and we are really looking forward to getting home in a couple of days. Our Oliver has held up remarkably well on our long trip.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As an update to my earlier comment about trying out a Charbroil Grill2Go - unfortunately unlike the Weber Q, there really isn't a good way on the Charbroil to swap out the valve for one without a pressure regulator.  The only replacement I can find is though Magma, and I've had trouble with those in the past.  And since I don't want to spend a ton on a Solaire, we're going with the flow and ordering the Weber Q.

• 8 months later...

Do any of the above grills fit into the Oliver Elite II rear lower storage compartment area?

Thanks,

Geronimo John

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderator+
Do any of the above grills fit into the Oliver Elite II rear lower storage compartment area? Thanks, Geronimo John

I don’t think the Weber would fit. If it did it would take up the entire area. We really like ours. It’s the 1200 model.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

I’m pretty sure that the Char-Broil would fit though I haven’t tried it.

We did end up going with the Char-Broil after all.  I bought both and returned the Weber.  Turned out after being able to examine the valve that the Char-Broil wasn’t any more difficult to convert to low pressure than the Weber, and comparing them side by side, I preferred the Char-Broil.  So far it’s worked out great - really high heat and zero flame up.  The travel case for it is one of the best I’ve seen - easy to get the grill in and out and very durable.  I like that it’s a fairly compact size and shape for packing.  Ours stays in the bed of the truck, and the elements haven’t been a problem.  With the travel case, however, I’d have no problem keeping it inside the truck on the floor.  I ordered a second valve so that we can use the grill with our unregulated tank on the truck when we’re out away from base camp, and we’re really happy with the setup.

I might suggest The "O" Grill. Folds up into a "clam shell" shape.

We've used it for years at our house, with our earlier Casita and on the road with Oliver.

Light in weight, compact, and stores easily. It could be stowed in Oliver, but we keep it folded, against the side of the pickup in the back. We considered the Weber and the Coleman, but found them larger, heavier and harder to stow.

Surprisingly simple in it's design.

Best,

Permit Bob

• Thanks 1

My TV is a Sequoia.  So I need to keep it either in the trailer or in the storage bay below.  I'm not yet familiar with the "O" grills.  Are you referring to the O Grill 900T made by Pro-Iroda?

Thank you,

Geronimo John

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

Permit Bob,

I also have an O Grill.  I like it but I'm not sure it's convertible to low pressure propane.  I'll dig it out next trip and see if I can determine if it's convertible.  Mine is the smaller red unit that Camping World has carried for several years.

Brad

We have been using a Camp Chef stove/oven. It is great from making biscuits, baking a cake, to heating water for tea. We currently are using the little green bottles, but the Oliver has a stub in the end of the gas line to add a quick connect. We have most of the supplies to do the hook up, but have not yet found the ambition. We have "bailed" out of New England after the first NorEaster, have been sitting around listening to the 'natives' tell me how cold it is here in the Everglades, while watching 3 more storms take aim at home. At least the ground was warm enough to crawl under and grease the 16 zerk fittings. We do keep the fancy chrome stove near the tailgate of the tow vehicle.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1