And, the giant grew. Again. Camping world bought gander mountain and overton's

SeaDawg

• Moderators

So, it's not news that Gander Mountain and it's marine store, overtons filed for bankruptcy protection last year.

The interesting news is that Camping world bought the name and assets this week. (No, your gander mountain gift cards still won't work. They didn't purchase the liabilities.)

I'm unsure why they bought these primarily small mall locations, and now say they'll sell off the inventory, right size, and keep some of the stores. Maybe buying their internet presence at a bargain price?

Camping world just keeps on growing. As does Dometic.

Makes me appreciate the little guys even more.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hi Sherry

From the experiences that we've had dealing with CW, I'm personally amazed that they are even still in business.

"Makes me appreciate the little guys even more."  When we are traveling and at home, we always try to find and use one of the smaller guys. I'm sure that it depends on which CW shop that you deal with and that some are better than others, but I really try to avoid dealing with them.

On our way home from our last trip, we stopped in Hohenwald and had the wheel bearings greased and a couple of other out-of-warranty minor issues taken care of and received very good service at a very reasonable price.

Thanks, Jason, Dustin, and Justin

• Thanks 1