Another Introduction

FamousFrank

Must find a nice used Oliver!!!   For years I've owned a couple of nice Lake Front Lots here in Georgia.    Years ago I purchased my first and last travel trailer.  A used Pop-Up from friends of my sister in Chicago.  It was like new and stored in their garage.   I parked it on my lake property and then because of work requirements couldn't use it for the next 10 months.   It sat there in the rain and weather during the hot, humid summer months.  Finally, the family and I decided to use it for the first time on New Years Eve!   We went to the lake, opened it up, and discovered the roof leaked and the inside was filled with black mold so bad it ate entirely through the canvas, the curtains, and the cushions.   Absolutely horrible what damage that can do.  We closed it up, went to a local motel and decided this wasn't going to work.

After spending thousands repairing the damage and replacing most of the Pop-Up, I sold it with full disclosure and absorbed the loss.  Now 15 years later, I'd still like to go to the lake once in awhile, even if just for an overnight.  And my son loved backpacking and I'm not looking forward to sleeping on the ground much anymore, so it sure would be nice to have another trailer.  I started looking at all kinds of trailers and the first thing I would look for is water damage.  My gosh, it's everywhere!!!    As I looked at Egg Trailers, it was apparent water infiltration was minimal.   First I looked at Scamps.  Then all different types.  The older they were the more there is to fix.  Frame rust, wood rot, etc.  The list goes on.  Them I started looking at Casita's, and Explorers.  Not bad, especially the newer ones!!!!!   My budget has now moved from $5k to $15k.   Then, last week I heard of this trailer I had never heard of before.  Another Egg model called Oliver.   I've made up my mind!!!!   My budget is now in the $25k to $40k area!  Don't tell my wife.  She thinks I'm still looking at the $5k stuff.  She remembers the mold too and is not too keen on the whole idea anyway.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!  Hopefully, there will be an Oliver in my near future!  In the meantime, I'll keep reading, learning, and look forward to sharing!  Thank you everyone and Oliver, Frank

• Thanks 2

• Moderators

FamousFrank - We have all taken many different roads towards Oliver.  Almost all of us are very happy that we actually found our Oliver at the end - or - is that just the beginning?  Anyway, welcome and hope that your road gets you there.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Frank, welcome.  It's a good story and I'd stick with it too.  Used trailers do pop up every now and then.  Let Anita or Heather in sales know you're interested, sometimes they are the first to know if someone is selling.  Good luck!  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Frank, welcome and good luck with your search. My best recommendation is to go to the main classified folder and without going into any thread, subscribe to the classified section. The moment someone posts a new sale you will get an email, make sure they aren't going to your junk folder and be prepared to be the first one to jump on an opportunity.

I bought mine used, within hours of the original post suggesting he "might be thinking about selling" and the day before he got numerous other calls after people logged in to catch up on postings.

Good luck.

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

Thank you everyone for the wonderful advice.  Mike and Carol, I have already talked with Heather and she knows of my intentions.  (Hmm, that doesn't quite sound correct!  Oh well, I hope everyone knows what I mean).

And Randy, thank you.  Great idea!  I'll do that.  I also love vintage cars and I've lost a  bunch because I wasn't the first!

Safe Travels,

Frank

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Welcome ! Oliver's hold their value exceptionally well, and Randy's advice is right on because they do not stay on the market for very long.

Great introduction and I look forward to following your Oliver search. Hope you keep us up on how it's going as often as is possible.

harm & bett

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)