On the Verge

AllWhoWander

Hi Everybody,

Tom and Karen here, checking in from the back slope of Chimney Rock State Park just outside of Hendersonville, NC. We're retired and almost retired, and have decided to take the plunge and buy our first travel trailer. The original plan was a truck camper, but we've kind of backed off of that in favor of either a new or used Oliver. Towards that end we traded our (older) Tacoma in on a new F-250 4x4, which I realize is probably serious overkill, but hey, nothing exceeds like excess!

TopGun2 (callsign: Bill) was kind enough to give up most of one Thursday morning to give us the nickel tour of his Elite II, and we came away hugely impressed. While we wait for a couple of small details to iron themselves out we're debating the merits of  new v. used, twin v. king, color schemes and power outlets. We also followed some advice we saw here and subscribed to the classifieds in order to try and catch that most elusive of wild creatures, the used Oliver Elite II. If anyone in our neck of the woods is considering a sale please let us know!

The plan is to summer and winter in the mountains, and head out spring and fall to see America, hopefully boondocking for the most part. Hope to see y'all on the road.  T&K

• Thanks 3

• Moderators

Tom and Karen - good to hear that your plans are moving ahead and that you have "Officially" joined the Forum.  That $1.50 tour was my pleasure.  Please keep all of us informed as to how your Oliver adventure continues.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Welcome aboard... Don't forget to get, if you don't already have, your National "geezer" pass. Heard the price is going way up later this year. It gives you half price, sometimes free, at attractions and camping fees at National Parks, Corp of Engineers, and BLM. One pass covers two. If you have questions do not be afraid to ask. There seems to be plenty of knowledgeable people on here, including Bill...

:) Welcome aboard Tom & Karen :)

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Hi Tom and Karen,

Sounds like you have a great plan.  Retirement soon here too, and then lots of Ollie time.

You might also keep an eye on fiberglassrv.com.   Used Olivers show up there once in a while and that's where I found my Elite 2.   It was brand new and sitting in storage waiting for me.

John and Liye   (Raspy)

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19