Questions about the twin bed settup in Elite II

carbon

My husband and I are considering buying an Oliver Elite II with the twin bed configuration, however, we have some concerns about it's length.  How does the twin bed work for someone 6'2"?  Is it long enough, and comfortable enough?  The brochure says it is 75" long, which is 5" shorter than a regular queen sized bed.  Thanks

• Moderators

carbon - The absolute best thing that you can do is to see if you can arrange to see an Elite II twin bed in person.  That way you can actually lie down in the bed and determine if it is suitable for you and the way you sleep. Hopefully there is one in your area. I'm right at 6 feet and am very comfortable but I did change from sleeping with my head at the end with the night stand because I like a bit of elbow room.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

I'm 5'11" and the twin is fine.  We sleep with our heads at the nightstand.  As far as mattress comfort, ours is plenty comfortable.  We got the 6" optional mattress and have a 2" foam topper (from COSTCO), same topper we use at home.  Agree with Bill on trying to find one to see in person.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I'm 6'2" and one of the first things I did when looking at my Ollie was to lie down and stretch out.  A short bed would have been a problem, but I don't feel restricted.  It's a very comfortable place to be.

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

FYI, the Twin Beds are not Twins, they are 30 inches wide. Regular Twin linens are way too wide and you have trouble tucking everything in neatly. I am in the middle of cutting down all the stuff we ordered prior to delivery, so it will all fit. I'm cutting off a 16 inch wide strip on the long edge, resewing a hem there, and forming small pockets at the foot to keep stuff in place. To access the compartments underneath, you need to be able to turn the mattresses on their sides without messing up the covers too badly....

I do think that the description is misleading and they should publish the dimensions of the cushions/ mattresses. It should be the "Two Bed Option".

LOL, I am changing my signature to that!

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Carbon,

Taking a tour of an Ollie is a great suggestion.  In preparation for your visit, you might consider viewing the attached video.  When I built the video, my goal was to help prospective owners become informed consumers.  For example, understanding where the mattress is made allows you to check out their website so you know which mattress choice will give you the softest or firmest support.  For me, I wanted to understand if the mattress could be used on both sides.  The video answers that question. When you take your tour you may not have an occasion to flip the owner's mattress to inspect the underside. LOL!

Buzzy

• Thanks 1

Buzzy

2016 Oliver Elite II - June 9, 2016
2016 F150 Lariat 3.5L EB, Max Towing

• Moderators

Normal twin beds are 39" X 75".  The Oliver twin is 30" X 75".  Interesting that a Queen mattress is 60" wide.

We use regular twin sheets, there's a little extra to tuck in.  We got twin quilts and Carol cut some width off so they would tuck in better.  We also got twin foam toppers that I cut to size with a bread knife.  The upper outside corners on both mattresses are curved to fit the contour of the trailer.

e228m4xen6st6yte55v56yrs0tygibln.jpg.9bcd14ddcfcb32cfb39cbb179ae65fa2.jpg

This picture is without the 2" foam toppers and before I relocated the TV.  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Carbon,

If you go to my profile, Buzzy, and click on the videos section you will find all the other videos.  By the way, I have a Fiamma Privacy Room on order which is due to arrive this month.  After I learn how to assemble it, I will create a video for those who might have an interest.

Buzzy

• Thanks 5

Buzzy

Carbon, If you go to my profile, Buzzy, and click on the videos section you will find all the other videos. By the way, I have a Fiamma Privacy Room on order which is due to arrive this month. After I learn how to assemble it, I will create a video for those who might have an interest. Buzzy

We're still interested in the Fiamma Privacy Room but decided to wait a bit and get used to our new Oliver. We've pulled out a bunch of stuff we don't use, every time we come home, and we're still adding and subtracting a little here and there. It will be interesting to see a video on how you set it up for storage while traveling also Buzzy :) I'm hoping that it will fit on top of the car in it's own lockable storage container.

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Although I will have room in the bed of the F150, I am thinking about placing it in the main cabin of Ollie.  I do not currently store anything on the floor and I thought it might be one of the first things I work on as I set up camp.  I guess it will be a work in progress until I settle on a system of where I store each item.  I realize the entire "kit" will be around 50 pounds.

Buzzy

• Thanks 1

Buzzy