Heat to the bathroom tonight :)

I just wanted a warm bathroom tonight, the temps are dropping into the 30°s. I've had the heater outlet under the bed closed off and taped closed for a few months, so I stuck a pillow in front of the outlet in the kitchen, waited a minute, then went in and still had cold air coming out of the vent...

But... There was plenty of air coming out, I waited another minute and... no change...

So I turned on the vent fan, and in just a few seconds, the heat vent was really blowing hot air out and really heated the bathroom up fast :)

My theory is that the vent pulled the hot air thru the heating duct and when I shut the vent fan off, it seemed to cool back down some. So I turned it on again and happiness flowed over the world once again :)

Tip or trick? It's too soon to tell, but try it and post your results.

Reed

P.s. I do have the heat limiters pictured below on the left, removed from the kitchen and bathroom vents.

IMG_20170524_171030.thumb.jpg.c1503ebcd853c5a1cb2b25a1596a97fc.jpg

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Does your bathroom door close tight enough to restrict the heat air recirculation from the bath to the main cabin?  Try the heat with the bath door open.

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

Does your bathroom door close tight enough to restrict the heat air recirculation from the bath to the main cabin? Try the heat with the bath door open.

Yup, it closes tight enough, but it was the middle of the night and we have the heat set to come on at 55°, so the cabin stays cold for good sleeping. I plugged the vent and turned up the heater to 62° just to heat the bathroom, which probably got up to around 70° in there only and it worked great and was very comfortable. Then I came out and put it back down to 55°, pulled the pillow from our main and only duct we use in the kitchen and went back to bed :)

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II