While SURFIN' other FORUMS . . . . .

mountainborn

• Moderators

I came across these great photos of our very own SEADAWGZ !! Look at that old classic Jeep, a M48, maybe ? Olivers n' Jeeps, a fun combination ! Like the Jeep ad says, fun is standard, pavement is optional. I think that goes for Olivers as well !

>

seadawg2.jpg

>

seadawg1.jpg

>

The seadawgs posted their pix on TRAILER LIFE FORUMS. Thanks you guys !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Thanks, Mountainborn. The guy seated next to Paul is our neighbor and friend, Jim. The 1945 Jeep Willlys belongs to him. He and Paul drove up to the Orlando area a few months ago and towed it home on a trailer behind our Silvrado after Jim found it on Ebay. It runs beautifully, and bringing it back to 1945 specs and top condition is going to be one of Jim's retirement projects.... Sorry, I don't remember the model #... but it's the original with the fold down windshield and little headlights.... Jim's out flying right now (EMS helicopter pilot) so I can't ask him...

We haven't been in any parades yet... but as a kid, Jim says he used to pick up extra pocket money with his first 45 jeep towing out cars that got stuck in the sands of Sand Key (when driving out there was still allowed and Sand Key wasn't a county park with a solid line of condos at the south end...) The boys suspect the jeep might actually tow our Oliver at parade speed. Now, wouldn't that be fun?!!

Sherry

PS I think I posted this here, too.... under a tow vehicle thread just for grins...

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Sherry said:

PS I think I posted this here, too.... under a tow vehicle thread just for grins

>

Yeh, I remember, now. Still cool though ! 8-)

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)