SUV's pulling Elite II's?

SimonJester

2 hours ago, Mac said:

The Sequoia has an adjustable rear air suspension, so hopefully it's travel will help keep us on the level. (Are you suggesting a more robust system?) 

Well, that is news to me, I am sure it will be fine. Is there a manual adjust or is it auto-leveling? It should take care of any rear sag but that Andersen will still be valuable.

I grew up in West Nashville, and left around 1982.... has it changed any? 😉 

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Re generator options...I appreciate the practical suggestions. Waiting until the Ollie rally to get feedback from experienced owners makes sense.  In the meantime I'll continue reading about the options and user experiences, just in case a no-brainer becomes obvious, and in case we need the extra power sooner.

As for the Sequoia's air suspension, it has a manual override. Hope it works. We'll find out this Sat when we take delivery and tow the Ollie 550 miles to it's new home. 

As for changes around Nashville and especially Franklin, (we moved here from Oregon in 2000) freeway and main arterial traffic is a daily challenge as growth has far outpaced infrastructure planning and expansion. There are wrecks every day on the freeways (too much tailgating and texting) making daily rush hour commutes all too frustrating, but far from the congestion of places like Seattle and Atlanta.  Home construction and sales have been brisk and prices for custom homes builds in the $250-300 per sqft a norm. There are good restaurants all around the Franklin, Brentwood and Nashville area, as y'all are aware. 

• 3 months later...
On 8/15/2017 at 12:14 PM, SimonJester said:

Thank you to all who replied to this post.

After much deliberation and checking out of vehicles, large and small, we decided to go with a Ford F-150 to replace our Tacoma.  We opted for a four wheel drive F-150 with a 5.0 liter V-8.  We hauled our Elite II for 1100 miles.  We covered the mountains from North Carolina to Southern Pennsylvania along Interstate 81 and then east to Delaware.  We averaged 13.5 miles to the gallon.  With the Tacoma we averaged 12.9 covering flatter ground.  The ride of the F-150 is much smoother and hence the comfort is a couple of orders of magnitude better than the Tacoma, not to mention the additional room in the F-150.

Thank you for your consideration!

Joe Co

Hello Rob;  Did you consider the Toyota Tundra?

• Like 1