Extra cushions to form rear couch in a 17 1/2 footer?

Bshaffer

I was reading old posts on FiberglassRV and found something interesting. Someone was selling an early Oliver and in one of the additions/ extras it was listed that they had the extra cushions to turn the back dinette into a couch.  Anyone have any pictures of that option?

Brandi Shaffer

• Moderators

Brandi - Pictures I don't have.  But, you just might want to contact Richard Johnson, 1256 Walker Levee Road, Fulton, MS  38843 as ask about them.  Richard is the fellow that makes all of the cushions for both sizes of Oliver and I'm sure that he could provide you with a wealth of information.  Sorry I don't have a phone number - you might try calling Anita in the Sales office for that ((888) 526-3978.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Bill, that's a very good suggestion. And he does quality work.

Brandi, the only early Oliver I've seen with a sofa was the Whaley Oliver. They accomplished it by having an extra set of cushions made for the small front dinette. I'll see if I can find a photo for you.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Oh the humor, I've read your post and every response and only now did it dawn on me, you mean my trailer.

Here is the link to his video, it's long so fast forward till he's inside at least.

• Thanks 1

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

• Moderators

sn9uljp76zf9qem5wortda29em5qxbjf.jpg.e42aacf2102cce6b0caf7442fd557b51.jpg

Randy - I too have the "couch" arrangement similar to the one you bought from "Windcrasher" and I do have pictures, but, I believe that Brandi is asking for information regarding the Elite I.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thanks Bill, yup that's what mine looked like when I got it, that's what I thought too but then realized Ron had called it a "sofa" when he spec'd it out on the forum.

BRANDI - I don't know if the two models are the same size in that area, but with the two of us, we now run twin beds exclusively, I still have all the cushions that made up the street side sofa, if you'd like them. If your measurement is a little shorter you could cut one down if need be.

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

Thank you guys for the pics and the video. I do have the Elite I.   I just couldn't picture the back dinette being turned into a sofa. Just didn't occur to me that the original ad was probably talking about the little side dinette being turned into a sofa. Thank you for the offer of the extra seat cushions but I honestly don't think I'd use them either.  Most times our back will be left in bed mode so the side dinette will be used as a table and a computer station. ;)

Brandi Shaffer

Thank you guys for the pics and the video. I do have the Elite I. I just couldn’t picture the back dinette being turned into a sofa. Just didn’t occur to me that the original ad was probably talking about the little side dinette being turned into a sofa. Thank you for the offer of the extra seat cushions but I honestly don’t think I’d use them either. Most times our back will be left in bed mode so the side dinette will be used as a table and a computer station. ????

We have the King bed in back and it came with the cushions also that turn the whole thing into a  circular sofa/ dinette. We have a full time bed also and have the extra cushions in storage. We'll never use them either :)

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

When we order, I think We will do both twins as the couch set up , with a thicker cushion, because we want to use sleeping bags, so we do not have to keep making beds. Thanks for the pictures!

New Hampshire residents.

2016 Chevy Silverado 1500, Crew Cab, LTZ/short box, 5.3L Ecotec3 V8 w/ tow/haul mode /20 inch wheels

Retirement ( 12-31-2017)  

8/25/2019, we purchased the previously owned “2017 Oliver Elite ll  Hull #170, Standard King Bed, Solar package, Nature’s Head Composting Toilet and all the extras”!