Romay Mc Roadhouse our second home!

Foy_Mirna

Our Oliver adventure started 8 months ago when Gary & Jona agreed to show us their Oliver. They spent 2 hours with us that not only answers all our questions but clearly showed us how much they loved their Oliver. Anita was our next stop, helping us through all the options and making our Oliver truly just what we were dreaming about. A week ago we met her in person to take delivery and she was just the nicest person.

Once all the paperwork was done she took us over to the plant where we met Rich and Jason. They took us through everything and made use feel like we were the most important people on the planet. We got all hooked up and drove to Fall Hollow Campground to spend our first two nights in our new Oliver which we named Roamy Mc Roadhouse. Being first time RV owners, learning to back-in and setup was its own adventure but within 10 minutes not only was the camp host offering to help, so were two other Oliver owners. We were so excited we could not get to sleep.

After our two day stay we headed to Wilmington, NC to visit friends and the next morning there was a knock at the door, it was a neighbor our friends did not know,asking if they could look at our new Oliver! Wilmington behind us we headed to Jacksonville, Fl to visit our daughter. By now pulling our Oliver is getting to be very easy and we are both starting to relax about towing 5,000 lbs behind us.

We kept to the slow lane and did 60 to 65 miles an hour. Most of the other traffic just passed us by but every once an awhile a car or truck would slow down right beside the Oliver and just stayed there. At first I thought maybe something was wrong but then I understood. They were all checking out the most beautiful trailer they had ever seen! The thumps up and smiles as they passed said it all. We spend 2 days in Jacksonville at Hanna State Park right on the ocean. What a magical place nestled in ancient oak trees and just a short walk to a white sand beach.

We left Jacksonville and headed home to Loxahatchee, FL and got Roamy backed into his new home and unloaded. Tired, we ordered pizza and went off to bed. This morning we woke up early made coffee and could not believe our Oliver was in the driveway and that it was not all a dream! Looking forward to all the places we plan to travel and all the people we are going to meet.

Thanks Oliver Travel Trailers, you do make dreams come true.

Plant.thumb.jpg.ea9920cb51e00f1bc38d8f808b3c525a.jpg

Fall.thumb.jpg.b2f03f1c48d7209df672d0e486d5b43e.jpg

• Thanks 2

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
2017 Legacy Elite II, Twin Bed
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited

• Moderators

And so - the adventure begins.  Excited for both of you!  Just wait until they start following you into gas stations, rest areas and the like.  Or, when you come back to your Oliver from grocery shopping and there are three or four people checking it out.  "What is it?"  "Who makes it?"  Etc.

So glad that your first trip was a good one and that your dreams are indeed coming true.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thanks for writing a very interesting story! Enjoyed it much. We, like you didn't take long to make up our minds once we saw an Oliver. Hope to see you at the 2018 Oliver Rally. Don't forget to grease Roamy's undercarriage about every 3000 miles and check his batteries once a month. Our Irog (Sweetheart) took almost a gallon of distilled water on the first fill-up.

Rhett & Dory

Decatur, IL

• Thanks 1

J-Rhett

Oliver Legacy Elite II (Irog)

1995 Ford F-250 x4 Turbo Diesel

Trek Bikes, Hobie Cat Kayak

Welcome Foy & Mirna :)

Nice looking set up all the way around, and I like the new 12 hole rims, they look great :)

I also see that you have your water filter hooked directly to the trailer. Personally, that looks like a possible breaking point and I would use a 4' hose between the filter and the trailer just in case someone accidentally pushed down on it, or stepped on the hose thinking that it was strong enough. It could pull the socket out of the trailer but would most likely at least pull the female hose fitting off of the housing. I have 12", 24" & 48" sections of hose for different situations.

You guys have a beautiful trailer and I love the stove set up :)

Reed

IMG_20170521_094242-1.thumb.jpg.b56d42342e417f07a7beacf892e6270d.jpg

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. We hope to see all on you on the road soon.  And the Rally is a for sure in 2018!

Mike & Bill: We feel like new parents and will talk to anyone who wants to know why we love our Roamy.

Rhett: Got my grease gun ready and well check them next trip out. Distilled water is on the shopping list today!

Reed: I agree with you, the filter in that location is an accident waiting to happen.  Your water line setup look great and I will follow your lead.

• Thanks 1

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
2017 Legacy Elite II, Twin Bed
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited