Anyone else ordering from Southern Mattress before Oct.?

Overland

Just curious if anyone else is going to be ordering their mattresses from Southern Mattress between now and October and having them shipped to Oliver.  They told me that the shipping would be considerably less if they can combine multiple shipments.

Thanks!

It's not something that Oliver offers, but a few people here have gotten them and seem pleased.  We decided to go with them since Oliver cut their mattress choices down to just the two foam options.  They're a good bit less expensive also.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

We will soon be in North Carolina and only 2 hours away from Southern Mattress. I thought about calling them to see if they can make us mattress for our twin beds. My question is the following:  How satisfied are you with your mattress if you bought from Southern Mattress? We need a firm mattress.

Ours are firm but we ordered a different spec from what they normally make since we were trying to make them shallower. I think they just left off the memory foam layer. They still did the pillow top and we find them very comfortable even though we’re used to softer mattresses. In fact they’re so comfortable that we’re wondering if we shouldn’t switch at home. I’d have to check my records to see exactly what we asked them to do but I’m happy to look if you like.

However - despite having them made thinner we still found them to be too deep to use as seating. So we’re having some 4” foam +1” memory foam upholstered cushions made as a replacement. That’s what we had originally planned to do and shouldn’t have second guessed ourselves. The cushions should work better with our Lagun table, plus we just use sleeping bags anyway so the mattresses aren’t necessary.

If anyone wants some nice mattresses and don’t care if they aren’t perfectly new, send me a pm.

They are great people and do a terrific job they have the pattern for the Oliver as they made it from ours and the Slusher's trailers several years back. Family owned business that has been there for decades call make appt let them know what u want as we are and continued to be delighted with our beds. Thanks Gary

This sunset from Arizona BLM land by Lake Havasu will help you sleep better as well.

IMG_4520.thumb.jpg.ed1e064bf12493d9cea063557fecd3cf.jpg

• Thanks 1

Gary & Jona

2016 Silverado 2500 Diesel

Legacy Elite II Hull 81 

ALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpgABBCMBNBNLNTNSPEQCSKYTsm.jpg.ba4d4f701cd53ebbd7ccf276c46a23eb.jpg