Boondocking Invitation

mountainborn

• Moderators

Betty and I are boondocking at the primitive campground, big fir campground, out on Housley point in Lake Ouachita, Arkansas. Located about 48 miles west of Hot Springs Arkansas, lake Ouachita is about 34 miles long with over 700 miles of shoreline and over one hundred islands. We will be here boondocking and jug fishing using all natural bait, ect.. Our plan is to spend the month enjoying the sounds of Loons across the lake as we sit by the campfire, and as many fish fry's as we can stand.

So if it sounds like something you might be interested in, come on by we would enjoy the visit ! Here is a map that shows where we are. Point A is Mount Ida, Arkansas located west of Hot Springs Arkansas on US Hwy. 270. Point B is where we are.

xwzh9y9xgw8bqx2z1qqp5741u94dw80j.jpg.6440de16a57e721ae01555337c75b4a7.jpg

Also our phone number should you need more or just want to chat about it. 479.243.5450

harm & bett

• Thanks 3

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Here it is folks, the first photo from "CAMP FOOD STAMP" 2017 . We are boondocking on lake Ouachita !

7xxtcwmx3b6xxwh7jsbd6vlw0hllr1bp.thumb.jpg.57ef1918cad6cbb765ae85451bde78ea.jpg

We are located about 1/3 of the way down lake Ouachita, with a gentle breeze coming off of the water. Slept with the windows open last night and the fantastic fan on low and it was ever so nice to hear all of the great night sounds coming across the lake !

• Thanks 3

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

That gravel road is a all weather road and plenty wide for two way traffic. Nearby grocery shopping for any last minute items you might need. And, did I mention, camping is free !

• Moderators

Larry and Betty, thanks for yet another invite we can't do.

Your lake ouchita fish fries ( and fishing methods) are legend.

Hope you have an awesome time. We're thinking of you both.

Sherry and Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Boondocking chores. Picnic table scrub and bleach water rinse.

s1z9ki0mrkqmm1ku7s7ajq6y8b7ffr4y.thumb.jpg.814f08b76b8d23515e97f670f347d87f.jpg

Because you just never know if someone may have cleaned fish there !

The link below is to a very brief look at the process.

7fakh2ddzlqrxhp5gi9owhefvuoobo39.thumb.jpg.cd0ee962aac75a5898095aa2c4d2f347.jpg

• Moderators

On our way to the campsite we passed a couple of nice ladies with a farm fresh produce stand. We just could not pass it up !2d95y6wokw2b54s0nc4cexl4d1uhijea.thumb.jpg.fd322b427937bc02224c9379b0011ef4.jpg

That roadside produce stand is located just west of Mount Ida on US Hwy 270 just before you turn north on Arkansas 27 when headed towards the boondocking location.

• Thanks 1

Sounds fun...hey, Elizabeth!

I got a lot of company coming to the house between now and the 4th. After we put things back together, I will talk to her about it. She was asking to get away again, just yesterday.  Meanwhile, I got to uncover the water pump and see what is causing that awful noise every time we use water. Maybe lines vibrating...if so, hope it is somewhere I can get to them.

Mike and Elizabeth Smith

Snow Lake Shores, MS

2016 Ford F150 3.5 EB, max tow (20,900  miles pulling Ollie since Sept 2016)

• Moderators

There is nothing in the world quite like slipping onto the glassy lake shortly after sunrise, warm cup-a-joe in your hand while Butcherknife passes out the Honey Buns for that sugar high and Captain Mountainborn steers out toward them jugs standing proudly on end with a 26 pound Ictalurus furcatus on the line  just rarin' for a fight.

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

0400 hours 7-1-17 a line of thunder showers passed quickly through our part of the Ouachita mountains, cooling things off and sending me scratching for covers while laying in bed listening to natures majesty. First order of business this morning, pump boat bilge to clear rainfall then a hearty breakfast on the lake as we plan the days adventures !

• Thanks 1

• Moderator+

You know it's a tough life out there mountainborn. But, as they say, somebody's got to do it. You two have fun and be careful out there.

I sure do wish I had some of Miss Betty's fried catfish  and hush puppies . That'd be mighty good.

We are camped at Colorado National Monument.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

Steve & Tali, you guys are in a mighty pretty place !

Here is the boat just before we dumped it in the lake.

cjcukl4ye53jsliiok4v79iv8q5ukr8m.jpg.d903eda73a60404835952fc85eb11508.jpg

• Moderators

Camp Food Stamp 2017 the surface of lake Ouachita is like glass this morning ! A cool morning around the campfire sipping on coffee.

cbqmqfcjne5wtwgp06x7is0m7rrh6ll9.jpg.4a431467669706eedd12842398a2ddcc.jpg

Larry, Shucks, we missed out on your invitation a couple years ago, due to weather and delays you encountered getting back from your tour, plus we had some electrical problems that took us to the plant instead. Now we just moved to VA and trying to get settled in. Will look forward to it another time.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• Moderators

Hey Stan ! I understand, life has a way of doing that alright.

We caught six nice catfish this morning but lost two trying to land them. Four good ones in the live box.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Eating good in the neighborhood !

Camp food stamp 2017. Turnip greens, purple hull peas, mashed potatoes and Dutch oven meatloaf. All cooked over a open campfire.

qx1wi7xnpvbdo8c5qen34jpehune7g6n.thumb.jpg.2d1deb701ec27b80a582c50f787d34a8.jpg

• Thanks 3

• Moderators

Got my mouth watering. Betty is just amazing with her Dutch oven.

Hope you two are having a great time on the lake.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.