Elite Twin Bed

HMD1056

I've noticed the Elite Twin Bed model isn't on the site anymore.  Has Oliver stopped making this model?  Will the Standard Elite also disappear?  There have been hints on the forum that changes were coming down the pike.  I was wondering if anyone had any information.  Thank you to everyone who posts in the forum.  I certainly do learn so much!

I hope at the very least they add up-to-date pictures, not ones showing obsolete equipment, and also rename the Twin to Two Bed, since the beds are not actually Twins. They are Bunk sized, but calling it an Elite Bunk would really confuse people. Which I am still pissed off about, BTW. (Note my signature.)

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators
Think half a queen bed.

Good point. Maybe the twin bed model should be called the two half queen model.

We weren't surprised at the 30" width having seen one before ordering. I had also done some quick math knowing the trailer was 7' wide, about 84". Two 39" twins would be about 78", leaving about 6" in between.  I figured the space in between the beds should be about a couple of feet leaving about 60" for the beds, the width of a queen.

I know Airstream has a 48" mattress they call a double, a little short of a 53" normal double.

Anyway, some of our best sleep has been on these two half queens.... Mike

• Thanks 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderator+

I don't think it was ever Oliver's intention to represent the trailers with "twin beds" as anything further than meaning it was equipped with two individual beds rather than one.

• Thanks 5

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

I don't have any complaint at all with the size of the two twin beds.   I didn't run to the dictionary to get the legal measurements of traditional twin beds and it doesn't bother me at all that there are other beds called "twins" that are a different size.  I certainly don't think they have been mis-represented.  No problem here.  There are two beds,  each sized for one person to sleep comfortably with easy access in between.  And since there are two of them next to each other, and the same size, they are twins.   Not twin beds from some bed store somewhere, but two small beds that match each other.  Twins.  I haven't seen any Oliver literature that claims they are a size different than they actually are, or claiming they are some standard "twin" household size.

BTW, household "twin" beds don't have a rounded corner on one end either.  And "normal" twin beds at home have thicker mattresses.   And household twins are in houses not in small trailers.

I just don't see what the problem is.   But I'll contemplate it, maybe, while resting peacefully in my twin bed while out in the forest somewhere, as I listen to a babbling brook and a crackling campfire.  I'll decide if I'm mad that this bed is a bit smaller than the one I slept in at home as a kid.  Meanwhile, it is certainly much better than many I've camped with over the years in tents, the back of pickup trucks and on the ground.  It's even better than the ones in my boat.

While on the subject though, I was just deciding if I was mad about Oliver calling my trailer "white".  I've seen a brighter, whiter snow white before, and this may not actually be as white as I expected!  I've seen other whites, and I'm not sure this is actually white.  Hmmmm.  I wonder if they misrepresented it?

• Thanks 6

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

I just wanted to know if one of the Elite options was no longer available.  I am going to go with the assumption that it is because it is no longer mentioned as on option here on the site.   I never intended my question to become a mean spirited debate on mattress sizes.  Thank you.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
I just wanted to know if one of the Elite options was no longer available. I am going to go with the assumption that it is because it is no longer mentioned as on option here on the site. I never intended my question to become a mean spirited debate on mattress sizes. Thank you.

Recommend a call to Anita or Heather in the Oliver Sales Office for a definitive answer.

We got a little off topic here with mattress size but I don't think anyone meant to be mean spirited, just having a little fun.  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS