CHECKING IN FROM OUT ON THE ROAD

mountainborn

• Moderators

In Chama New Mexico for internet connection, we are camped by the steam train station in Cumbres Pass Colorado. A boondocking location, of course, coordinates will be posted in the boondocking thread.

06-24-08_1838.jpg

>

06-24-08_1557.jpg

This photo was taken at the top of Engineer Pass in colorado:

06-23-08_0609.jpg

This was a serious 4X4 climb to be there for a sunrise video, that we will post later.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Mountainborn,

WOW . . . thanks for that! What beautiful views . . . :)

On May 10th, you posted a relpy that said "I can't wait until I retire to get in on some of that fun." Well, buddy, it looks like you & Butcherknife are having the time of your lives up there where the air is clear and crisp. I can't wait to see the fun you'll be having after retirement!

Your photos today are a real treat. Thanks again!

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

BTW - Have you had any issues with your fridge running on propane at high altitude?

Which fridge model do you have?

>

We have The Norcold 3 way and tend to run it on propane most of the time. I know that is an issue on some other forums, but we never turn it off, even when refuelimg. We seldom put it on 12 volts. It works ok on 12 volts, we just don't go there very much. If we are in a "built up" campground, we use the 110 volt and it does a super job. At 8,500 ft. of elevation, the fridge performs flawlessly. At 10,000 ft. however, it is "balky" on restart after the thermostat has been satisfied. With that in mind, we know that our visits to that elevation are few, and have sought no solution that might effect routine operations below the 10K mark. Instead we change how we operate a bit. Before going to bed for the night, we set the thermostat to it's highest point, knowing that it may not restart. In the morning we restart manually. The colder temps at 10K elevation aid in keeping things cold in the refrigerator. Four nights this trip have been below freezing and the manual restart, supplimented with occasional generator use to recharge batterys, and the refrigerator on 110 volt for that period each day was the easy out for us.

We figure that there is a tech bulletin out there somewhere, that outlines an adjustment, or maybe a orfice change, that would "fix" the minor problem, but for us it is a minor and seldom occouring thing. However, if we were camping for extended periods above 10K, we would definitely look into a "fix".

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Tom, that's not a dumb question ! It is one of our uninalieable rights to know if your stripper plole is warm, or not ! Our forefathers and many, many generations of American service Men & Women have served our country with pride and dignity inorder to insure that . . . . .

Oh, yeh, Er, Uh, geeze Tom, I forgot to check. At 10K elevation Butcherknife and I wuz' snuggled up in that travasack. He, he, we never did flip it over to the Winter side up though !

But then there was that time that I got up in the night, headed to the bathroom, and, as I bent over to hitch up my camo thong, you know, the move right before the strut down the aisle, and I backed into the stripper pole . . . . Man, oh man ! I just thought my ol' hound had a cold nose on him ! :oops::lol:

• Moderators

:shock: That's just a bit more information than I can take!

I gotta go get a tissue and wipe my eyes . . . it's been a long time since I laughed so much I cried. ;)

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg