Hello!!!

Free2Roam

Hello there!  New to the Forum.  My husband and I saw an Oliver for the first time a couple of years ago in Ft. Worth thanks to Steve.  Since then we have been researching and browsing and we always come back to the Ollie.  We have made it official and have put down our deposit!  Our new trailer will go into production in a couple of weeks and we should be ready to go late October. I cannot even begin to put into words how excited we are!!  Not sure I will be able to get much done between now and then scouring the Forum for details and tips :)

Would love to hear recommendations on things to do in the area when we pick up the last week of October.

Looking forward to being a part of this Community!

Angela and Kyle

• Thanks 1

2017 Legacy Elite II Standard

2006 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel 4WD

Hello!

And welcome to the community Angela & Kyle :)

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

• Moderator+
...We have made it official and have put down our deposit! Our new trailer will go into production in a couple of weeks and we should be ready to go late October. I cannot even begin to put into words how excited we are!!...Angela and Kyle

Excited like you're 10 years old again and it's a month till Christmas.  I know exactly how you feel.  The good thing about that feeling is that it doesn't go away after delivery.  It still feels the same every time you go out to the trailer.  Even before we get home from a trip we're already saying "where are we going next?"

• Thanks 4

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Excited like you’re 10 years old again and it’s a month till Christmas. I know exactly how you feel. The good thing about that feeling is that it doesn’t go away after delivery. It still feels the same every time you go out to the trailer. Even before we get home from a trip we’re already saying “where are we going next?”

Reading this makes me so happy!

• Thanks 1

Welcome. Which way you heading after your " shakedown cruise"?  Just be aware that most places start closing down north of the Mason/Dixon line by Nov. 1 rst. However, you are good to go in your Oliver. Any question at all feel free to ask here. You might get several different answers, and they all might be right..

• Thanks 1

Welcome. Which way you heading after your ” shakedown cruise”? Just be aware that most places start closing down north of the Mason/Dixon line by Nov. 1 rst. However, you are good to go in your Oliver. Any question at all feel free to ask here. You might get several different answers, and they all might be right..

Thanks!  Not sure yet of our path.  We will, though, be staying south of the Mason Dixon Line .  I see on your profile pic that you have a map of Maine as the front emblem.  Did you have Oliver leave that space blank and then you have it applied or did Oliver do it?  We have been contemplating what we could do.....

Angela

• Moderator+

Lots of the owners have a custom logo designed for the front of their Oliver's.  Just specify to them to leave off the standard front graphic and you can supply your own.  You could have them install it or you can easily do it yourself after the delivery.  I've had the same compass rose on our two Oliver's, both of which I applied myself.  Mike applied his custom "Texas" themed front graphic post delivery.  If you desire custom lettering, they can do that in-house.  The fun is designing something that is unique to you that really sets your Oliver apart from everyone else.

• Thanks 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

IMG_2868.thumb.jpg.0846f8f7c502ac2fd2530fbe010786e3.jpg

Hello and welcome there are lots of post on what to have so I would just read those,  a couple of suggestions for that time of year and we enjoyed that are close to the Oliver's should you have to make a short stop back for anything here are a couple ideas. Just north go to Mammoth Caves National Park, then I would do some of the Bourbon Trail in Bardstown stay at the My old Kentucky Home Park and if full with the Ollie u can ask to just stay in the overflow which we liked better in the tent section no elec or water but good for a couple days, has over tree head cover so will not fully charge each day if u have solar. Be sure to do Buffalo Trace distillery, then the biggies Makers Mark, Jm Beam, Turkey, Four Roses, etc. . Lexington is another more distilleries and also the BatFactory louisville slugger factory. To the south you have in Tenn Jack Daniels in Lynchburg and farther south is the Lodge factory if you are into Dutch oven etc for cast Iorn in South Pittsburg around Chattanooga another good stop with history do Look Out Mountain etc. Another one possible is if you have not been is the Redneck Disney/ Orlando we call it ,Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg Tenn. with Dollywood and all the tourist traps. This will keep you all within a days drive back for a while and of course we like the state parks of Tennessee most are great and along the Smokies.  Well good luck and hope to see yu all on the road be safe and enjoy the life style as we all do. Thanks Gary

IMG_2985.thumb.jpg.2b2fd03e09def5251c9ec8802a1235aa.jpg

• Thanks 1

Gary & Jona

2016 Silverado 2500 Diesel

Legacy Elite II Hull 81 

ALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpgABBCMBNBNLNTNSPEQCSKYTsm.jpg.ba4d4f701cd53ebbd7ccf276c46a23eb.jpg

Angela.. We applied our own graphic at a campsite. We also put on the hull # (hull # supplied by Oliver, but we were not sure where we wanted it). The big graphic was easier to put on than the hull number, because of the material it was made from.  We got the graphic ahead of time and took it with us. It was designed by me, enhanced and supplied by Banana Banners out of Bowdoinham, Maine. She ships. (She does fire trucks too, and you know how fussy they are). We have seen some really nice custom graphics from dream catchers, compass roses,  pictures, animals,, to landscapes. The choices are endless. Maybe something to reflect the name you are giving 'it'. You might as well name it. It will develop a personality and become a member of your family. Keep us posted, and maybe we will see you on the open road...

What part of the world is home? And where do you roam?

• Thanks 1

Angela and Kyle,

Welcome and congratulations on your Ollie!

We also like camping at TN State Parks. The fall foliage in TN may be nice when you pick up your Ollie, too.

This event is too early for your Ollie pick-up date, but we want to attend the National Banana Pudding Festival  at least one time in the future. It will be held 10/7 & 8 this year at Centerville, TN.

https://www.bananapuddingfest.org/

• Thanks 1

LE2

Gary,  Thanks so much for some awesome sounding trips.  I have decided to start a notebook to keep track of recommended places as well as of places that people post.  Looking so forward to starting this new travel chapter! -Angela

Canoe12,

Home is Edmond, OK.  Route 66 runs right through town!

As far as roaming, we've traveled from coast to coast (Acadia NP to Victoria BC, San Diego to Atlanta, Chicago to Galveston.....), but always by traditional transport (car/plane).  This will be our first RV/trailer so it's going to be a whole new perspective.  -Angela

Bill,

I have never heard of the Banana Pudding festival.  We will have to check that out!  My husband is hoping that it might not be too late to be able to catch some of the foliage in the area.  We've been in Vermont during mid October years ago and it was magnificent!  -Angela

• Moderators
Lots of the owners have a custom logo designed for the front of their Oliver’s. Just specify to them to leave off the standard front graphic and you can supply your own. You could have them install it or you can easily do it yourself after the delivery. I’ve had the same compass rose on our two Oliver’s, both of which I applied myself. Mike applied his custom “Texas” themed front graphic post delivery. If you desire custom lettering, they can do that in-house. The fun is designing something that is unique to you that really sets your Oliver apart from everyone else.

Angela and Kyle, welcome to the group!  Like Steve said I had custom graphics designed and printed before we picked up. Local graphics designer and local print shop. Easy to apply and you're only limited by your imagination!  Have fun with it... Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS