Inside Closet Door Material?

I naively thought that the inside material of the closet door was fiberglass & have ordered several suction cup hooks to hang up coats, etc. Well --- tonight I went into trailer & noted that the material is not fiberglass. It is a material I do not recognize. Can anyone tell me if this material will accept suction cups. If not, can I use Command hooks & not worry about the mystery material peeling when I remove the Command hook? Thank you!

SGC & GRC

Hull 224 [2017]

2017 GMC Sierra HD Crew Cab Diesel

ALARDEFLGAINLAMEMDMNMSMOMTNJNCNDOHPASCSD   Map of Provinces I Visitedimage.png.f8ebba1142570e619cdfe801998f4b4d.png

• Moderator+

The entire door is fiberglass, it's just that with way the door is molded, there is no way to gelcoat the interior, therefore no "slick" surface on that side.  To dress it up the company paints the back side.  This is just like what is applied to the inside of the cupboard door and the underside of all the hatch lids and the table tops.  I'm quite sure you can glue a hook to it, although as thick as it is, I would just attach it with screws.

• Thanks 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

I personally would be very reluctant to hang much inside the door. Anything heavy stresses the hinge and latch in ways for which they were not designed, and anything bulky like a coat will seriously be in the way when you are accessing the inside. Plus you could bonk your face on the hook when leaning down....

The only thing I hung inside mine was my personal checklist.

IMG_2071.thumb.jpg.b229a24861439341ac913a42eb7c0ffe.jpg

Not shown in the pic, I do have three 1 inch Command clips inside for my CaneMasters cane, the broom and the dust pan, stuck to the side walls.... plus there's my shotgun rack, which is currently and temporarily holding the leaf rake and the fly swatter.

JohnDavies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

i love a copy of your check list. ***DELETED***( thanks : ) very new ollie owner and newbie in general….

Hi, I created a new thread and you can download the Word file there:

http://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/my-tow-camp-checklist/

FYI you should NEVER EVER post your personal contact info publicly, use the private message system if you need to. You can edit your previous post and get rid of your email address.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.