Parked just outside Fairchild AFB for the Skyfest airshow

John E Davies

This is so cool, we are located in a great big empty field at the end of a dead end dirt road, half a mile from the downwind end of the runway, we can hear the band playing,  and we are kicked back in our recliners, under the shade of the awning, with the spotting scope and binoculars handy. I have the generator ready in case it gets blistering hot and we need to run the AC, but right now there is a light breeze and it is about 80 degrees.

Also have earplugs but I suspect they will not be needed, since most of the afterburner stuff will be further away. The show starts in half an hour. Pics to follow, I hope to get a pic of Mouse with looping smoke trails above. Or maybe a Thunderbird doing a knife edge turn....

I love this trailer. We are learning that we don't have to camp overnight to enjoy using it as a mobile club house. We will head out late afternoon and be home in 20 minutes.

Woohoo!

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 4
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I like the idea of using them as "a mobile club house" too.  A guy near me has an Elite and uses it at the local car show every year.  Just minutes from home, it allows his wife to be in air conditioned comfort, and visit with her friends, while he hangs with the boys and talks cars.  It was the first Oliver I ever saw, about 6 years ago, and I really liked the idea.

Have fun at the show.

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

IMG_2854.thumb.jpg.3d6d509ad4377804779039e33aca66c9.jpg

We had to move a little since all the action was half a mile south. We ended up in a perfect spot. A Hornet went right over us at about 500 feet agl, flat out, that was glorious. The sound of freedom! Here is my wife Jac in position..

IMG_2870.thumb.jpg.e94b202d9c99a6cdeeeeece4102da3e2.jpg

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

That looks like fun :)

What's up with your awning? The front right side looks loose. After you crank it out all the way, put the center bar in and push out on the 2 pieces while tightening it into place against the main bar. Pulling in on it flexes the main bar in and allows the canvas to flex in the wind more also, allowing it to act like a sail. Then when the bars are all set, crank it in just enough to pull the canvas tight and this will help protect it if you get hit with a big gust of wind :)

Reed

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II