2018 Rally

MDuncan

• Administrators

We would like to announce the location and dates for our 2018 Rally.

The 2018 Oliver Rally will be held May 4-7, 2018 at Lake Guntersville State Park in Alabama. Lake Gunterville State Park offers many fun activities including an 18-hole golf course, fishing, hiking and biking trails, boat rentals, ziplining and more.

More details to come. For now we ask to hold off on questions. We will update the webpage dedicated to the Rally as we get more information.

http://olivertraveltrailers.com/rally/

• Thanks 12

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the advance notice and the time of year! Most everyone can work this into their spring travel plans. Did I read zipline?  on my bucket list, along with rope course.

• Thanks 2

Mike and Elizabeth Smith

Snow Lake Shores, MS

2016 Ford F150 3.5 EB, max tow (20,900  miles pulling Ollie since Sept 2016)

• Moderator+

We have reserved E-9 and will be wearing our bells.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

All

We have had a number of inquiries about a reserved section of the campground at Lake Guntersville State Park for Oliver Travel Trailer Rally participants.  We have not reserved a section because of the many choices of campground sites. This campground offers a diversity of choices.  Some are wooded, those in sections B, F and H are in the heavily wooded areas.  Section B are pull - thrus.  Sections G, D and E are near the lake, but the trees are small, as a result of a tornado a few years ago.   Most all sites have full hookups, but not all.  When making reservations, make sure your site has all that you need.  There is a primitive area in the trees, near the lake.  Again this year, we will be inviting all Fiberglass RV enthusiasts, those that have a travel trailer or an interest in becoming a travel trailer owner.  I will be posting an invitation on the Fiberglass RV Forum soon.  Lake Guntersville State Park offers a multitude of choices in activities and we are building free time into the activities to allow you opportunity to enjoy all that the park and North Alabama has to offer. As an example, just a short drive from Guntersville, is one of the "coolest " places in Alabama.  Cathedral Caverns State Park, offers a constant 56 degrees year round, has an opening of 126 feet wide and 25 feet high.  Inside are many stalagmites and stalactites , one of the world's largest stalagmites  "Goliath" , 45 feet tall and a 243' base.  One of the larger rooms has a prehistoric shark tooth embedded in the ceiling. Buck's Pocket State Park offers a deep canyon and great hiking trails.  We will be posting many sites and events that we are gathering from the Guntersville Tourism Bureau and the Chamber of Commerce.  Our goal is to make this the best Oliver Travel Trailer Rally ever !!

• Thanks 5

We won't be there, it is just too far from our stomping grounds.

What are the chances for an Oliver West Rally? If it is this side of Denver we will be there.

Durango CO would be a great location.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

John,

Looks to me like you need to take the bull by the horns and organize an "Oliver West Rally" just like Hardrock did for 2017 and is doing for 2018.  I'm sure that he would be more than happy to give you all the help he can.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

By the looks of the campground map, things are filling up fast.  Most of the water front sites are gone!  I got G-13 for Thursday through Sunday.  The website for reservations was fairly slow and no one called me back after two messages that I wanted to make reservations.  This must be one busy place!

Bill

p.s.  I stand corrected - a very nice lady did call me back about 1 1/2 hours after I posted this.  During the conversation she confirmed that all sites listed as 50 amp also have 30 amp service.

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Administrators

Also... I went down to Guntersville State Park last weekend. We did the Phase Two zip line tour. It was a ton of fun! The views were priceless!

A few of the zip lines are about a half mile. This is pretty much the only one I didn't get all the way to the end and had to pull myself into.

• Thanks 3

Matt Duncan

• Moderators

By the look of the cuffs of the gloves flapping in the wind, you were moving along at a good rate of speed - true?

Bill

Bill

I called campground reservations this morning to determine the number of people that had registered to attend the rally.  I was told that we have only 16 registered for the rally.  However, it appears that there are a significant number of Ollies that are attending the rally based upon the surge of reservations for campground sites for that week.   When making reservations, everyone should use the code 7066 to receive the rally discounted rate of $20.00 per night for a campsite. If someone has not registered using this code, please contact Guntersville Lake State Park Reservations at (256) 571-5455 to receive the discounted rate.  This also provides a headcount # so we will know how much food for the meals we will provide

Coy

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
By the look of the cuffs of the gloves flapping in the wind, you were moving along at a good rate of speed – true? Bill

Bill... yep I was moving along pretty quick. Not sure how fast exactly, but I think this run was about 2500 ft and if it took roughly 45 seconds...

So probably top speed was close to 40 mph or so.

Matt Duncan

"If someone has not registered using this code, please contact Guntersville Lake State Park Reservations at (256) 571-5455 to receive the discounted rate. This also provides a headcount # so we will know how much food for the meals we will provide"

Coy

Thanks Coy! We made our reservations online & did not use the code. I contacted Guntersville Lake State Park & coreected things today.

Clair & Kathy Reed - plus our travel companion: Emma

2017 Legacy Elite II - Hull# 245

2014 Ram 1500 3.0 V6 Eco-diesel 4x4

ALFLGAILINIAKYMIMONCOHPATNVAWVWIsm.jpg

Thanks for the zipline video Matt! After viewing your ride, we checked out all of the videos & informations on the zipline tours @ http://www.lakeguntersvillezipline.com/. Sure hope I'm not too old to do take the tour....would love to add it to my bucket list. The suspension bridges are more of a concern for us (Ages 67 & 69 in 2018) than the ziplines. We are adventurers & would love to try it.

Clair & Kathy Reed - plus our travel companion: Emma

2017 Legacy Elite II - Hull# 245

2014 Ram 1500 3.0 V6 Eco-diesel 4x4

ALFLGAILINIAKYMIMONCOHPATNVAWVWIsm.jpg

Hi All,

This will be our 2nd Oliver Rally. Our previous one was September, 2016. We missed the May, 2017 rally.

We will be in site D4.

Looking forward to the rally!

Happy Travels,

Dean

• Thanks 2

Laura and Dean May | 2005 Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe | 2009 Kia Borrego Limited V8 2WD