2018 Rally

MDuncan

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just booked D8 for the rally.  Maybe I will paint the Stream white so we fit in. LOL?

Seriously, we just want to hook up with some really great friends.  See you all there.

• Thanks 4

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

I just booked E-31 for Thursday - Tuesday; I wanted a day on each side to orient myself to the area. Cannot wait to meet everyone. BTW, when I called for the reservation, they did have the 7066 discount code activated so I think that got straightened out. I definitely will go zip lining with the group!  Silly excited to to get my Oliver in about 5 weeks and get on the road to new adventures.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Super - I'm with you on the zip line thing.  I've asked Matt if a group thing could be organized as part of the rally (i.e. group discount).  Glad to hear that 7066 is working!  We're excited for you and your new Oliver.  Just in time for some nice Fall adventures.  Look forward to meeting you at the rally or out on the road.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

geO - There is no "window" for getting in on the action.  However, the later you wait to make reservations, the less choice you will have in your camping spots or cabin or room.  Don't forget to mention that you are with the Oliver Rally and/or group code 7066.  This will get you a discount of $5 off the normal $25/ night fee.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Administrators

We have update our Rally page with more information.

http://olivertraveltrailers.com/rally/

There will be a fee of $35 per attendee that will help cover group meals, meeting space and more. Oliver is also sponsoring part of the expenses. During registration, you can also pre-order your 2018 Rally T-Shirt for $7 each, which is cost to have the made. If you have any question, feel free to private message me.

• Thanks 1

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

• Administrators
Donna, Gregg, and Piper the Westie are in! Spot E-17 Who is up for golf? Have Ukulele…. will travel. ???? Scotty

I'm in for golf... I didn't get to play it when I visited but look pretty nice from the road. And it's not far from the lodge or campsites.

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

I registered with Oliver and the State Park this morning.  I'll be in space E-39 on May 3 through May 7.  I think I'll plan my spring camping trip around the rally.  I'm looking for suggestions of places to visit and camp before and after the rally.  I am an avid hiker and cyclist.  I no longer ride on the road for safety reasons.  I ride on bike trails and I'm not picky about what type of surface I ride on--hard surface, gravel, etc., are all ok with me.  I also ride frequently on lightly-traveled gravel roads.  I've given up single-track mountain bike riding.  I'm fit so 20-50 mile bike rides and hikes up to 10-12 miles are ok.  I also like to paddle but I'm not sure I'll have my solo canoe with me.

I'm thinking about camping near Chattanooga so I can spend some time in that small city.  I'm also considering Great Smoky National Park and Cumberland Gap National Historic Park.  I plan to be away from home for 4-6 weeks, so I'm open to suggestions that will involve traveling 400-600 miles from the rally location.

I'm also interested in finding places where I can hear good music.  While I'm primarily a jazz guy, I like bluegrass and roots music as well.  I've never driven the Virginia Crooked Road Music Trail, but it's appealing, so places with that kind of music would interest me.

Please suggest places with good campgrounds (I usually avoid commercial campgrounds--prefer good state park, national park and BLM campgrounds), access to hiking, cycling, and if possible, access to good, live music.

Thanks in advance!

Don

Don

2020 Kimberley Kruiser T3

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States I visited with my Ollie (Sold October, 2019)

States Visited Map

I’m thinking about camping near Chattanooga so I can spend some time in that small city.

You may want to take a look at Cloudland Canyon State Park in North Georgia near the Tennessee border. We camped there last year on our way out to Alaska...spent a couple days and did some hiking. We also like State parks - while we didn't do any biking there, they advertise a lot of bike trails ad the scenery is nice. It is only 25 miles from Chattanooga.

• Thanks 1

Darrell & Kathy

2013 F-250 Diesel 6.7

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Hull #319)

https://www.blogger.com/profile/02054187086533485920

d

Thanks for the rally update Matt.

We made our campsite reservations long ago and most likely wouldn’t have noticed that we need to register with Oliver too. I’m pleased that we can do the Oliver registratioon online.

• Thanks 1

Clair & Kathy Reed - plus our travel companion: Emma

2017 Legacy Elite II - Hull# 245

2014 Ram 1500 3.0 V6 Eco-diesel 4x4

ALFLGAILINIAKYMIMONCOHPATNVAWVWIsm.jpg

Hi everyone,

I have been compiling a list of folks who have registered for the rally.   There will be quite a lot of us and thought it might help people get to know each other.  Put a name to a forum face.  OK... i have a horrible memory and this is for me.  But, I am happy to share.

Please send me a PM if you would like to add information to the list.   (either I missed you completely or some info is missing)   This info is all compiled from this forum but if you don't want to be on the list please let me know and I will make the adjustment.

Thanks.... Here is the list of so far:

Names                                     Forum Name               Spot #              Lives at           Hull #

Gregg & Donna Scott             ScottyGS                     E-17                NJ                    145

Steve & Tali                              ScubaRX                     E-9                  TX                   50

Brandi             Shaffer            Bshaffer                      B 06                TX                   10

Mike & Carol Thompson      Mike and Carol           E-10                TX                   135

Greg & Janet Gato                  Greg & Janet Gato      F 42                 FL                   122

Grayson & Ann                      dharmardr                   E 13                 CT                   112

Mike & Gerri                          MikeandGerri             E 22                 ?                      189

Foy & Mirna                          Foy_Mirna                  G-24                FL                   227

Laura & Dean (casita)         DeanCHS1980            D-4                  KY                  Casita

?                                              trumpetguy                 D 8                  FL                   Airstream

Supersize Life                        SupersizeLIFE           E 31                 AK                  249

?                                              dedrol                          E 21                 OH                  238

Clair & Kathy Clever Beast   Kayrae51                    ??                    TN                   245

David Stillman                       DavidS                        D-10                UT                   164

Don Thompson                       donthompson              E-39                IA?                  126

Dennis & Pat                                                                G 15                NY                  153

Malcom and Ursula M.          Monlezun                    ??                    CO                   204

Bill                                          Topgun2                      G13                 NC                   117

hardrock                                  hardrock                      ??                    AL                   73

• Thanks 1

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

Nope... never been there.   We chose the E section because of people we know on the forum.   Might not be too late to change.

And... no worries... People will be able to find the ONLY red Oliver at the rally.  :-)

Travel Safe and see you in 2018

Gregg

• Thanks 1

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

565FE6F8-81A5-4228-8342-98F3CB839255.thumb.jpeg.24148f26e00d993515c1f53ee349773a.jpeg

Entrance into section B

Section B of the campground is a nice area.  Most people want to be near the lake/river and “B” is the furtherest away from the lake.  However, it probably has more trees than the other sections.  There is a road behind B , but there is little traffic since it is the back road up to the lodge on top of the mountain. Most of the campsites there are Drive thru.

coy

• Moderator+

... Steve & Tali ScubaRX E-9 TX...

Our home is in Mississippi.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a Who's Coming list anywhere? How many have registered at the park versus with Oliver?  I'm guessing the park number might be a better indicator of the number because some may wait to register with Oliver until they have a better feel for their May schedule.