2018 Rally

MDuncan

Perfect time to update the List!  I have started a list of attendees for the 2018 rally a will update as information comes available.

The list is in progress and contains basic info such as, Names, forum name, Spot #, home state, and hull#.  We also have a GOLF list in progress with just 4 people who are planning to play.  I thought that this basic info will help everyone get to know each other but won't be intrusive as the info is available on the forum.

I have attached the word file and will also paste it in below my signature.  If you want to be added or correct / add any info please either post to this thread or PM me.  Let me know if you want to play GOLF as well.

Quick Question for Matt Duncan:  Matt, would you be comfortable sharing your list with either me (to add to this list) or with the group directly.  Happy to be the main point of contact on this but your info would help make sure we reach everyone.

Thanks,

Scotty

2018 Oliver Rally   Camper List

Names                                     Forum Name               Spot #              Lives at           Hull #

Brandi & Winn Shaffer          Bshaffer                      B 06                TX                   10

Laura & Dean (casita)            DeanCHS1980            D-4                  KY                  Casita

David and Carol Kemp           trumpetguy                 D 8                  FL                   Airstream

David Stillman                         DavidS                        D-10                UT                   164

Gregg & Donna Scott             ScottyGS                     E-17                NJ                    145

Steve & Tali                              ScubaRx                     E-9                  MS                  50

Mike & Carol Thompson      Mike and Carol           E-10                TX                   135

Grayson & Ann                      dharmardr                   E 13                 CT                   112

Mike & Gerri                          MikeandGerri             E 22                 ?                      189

?                                             SupersizeLIFE                E 31                 AK                  249

David & Jane Droll                dedrol                          E 21                 OH                  238

Don Thompson                       donthompson              E-39                IA?                  126

Tom and Debrah Mohan        mgbtom                      E32                  TX                   71

Clair & Kathy Reed                Kayrae51                    E12                  TN                   245

Greg & Janet Gato                  Greg & Janet Gato      F 42                 FL                   122

Foy & Mirna                           Foy_Mirna                  G-24                FL                   227

Dennis & Pat                                                              G 15                NY                  153

Bill                                          Topgun2                      G13                 NC                   117

Malcolm and Ursula M.       Monlezun                    ??                    CO                   204

Coy Gayle                                 hardrock                      ??                    AL                   73

Darrell & Kathy Waters         wdw0528                    E38                  GA                  TBD

2018-Oliver-Rally-CAMPER-LIST.doc

• Thanks 2

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for compiling the list!  You have a question mark after IA in my line--I do live in Iowa.  I'm no longer a golfer but I plan to bring a bike with me.  If anyone is interested in riding, let's get a group together!

Don

Don

2020 Kimberley Kruiser T3

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States I visited with my Ollie (Sold October, 2019)

States Visited Map

• Moderators

Scotty - any chance of starting a "zip line" list.  If yes, count me in!  I trust that when a program schedule becomes available Hardrock will post it so that reservations can be made for these activities without having to miss out on Oliver program items.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Administrators

I will be making a group list for golf, biking, zip lining and any other lists we want to put together. Probably after the first of the year, I'll email everyone with more info on dates/times of the group activities. I'll probably be working with a volunteer to help with this. I will probably need more info on what activities everyone wants to do and how often. Some may want to bike or hike daily, etc...

As of today there are 66 attendees registered on the website. A total of 36 campers (33 Olivers). And I'm guessing that not everyone that has registered at the campground has registered here on our website. And that's OK. As long as you are registered (and paid here) by April 1, 2018... that's all that matters. After April 1st, the price goes up to $45 per person.

The campground said there are about 30 campers registered for the Rally (using the Oliver code) but there are several others registered. My guess is that some people that registered with the campground did not give them the Oliver code.

For discounted rates, let reservations know you are with the Oliver Travel Trailers Rally (Group Code 7066)

Camping Reservations : (256) 571-5455

• Thanks 3

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

Today I received a spreadsheet from Lake Guntersville State Park listing those that have registered for the rally using code 7066.  We have a total of  44 campsite reservations.  This number does not agree with the number of campers that have registered on the Oliver Forum.  My concern is that some may have made campsite  reservations with Lake Guntersville Campground for the 2018 Oliver Travel Trailer Owners Rally,  but did not identify yourself as attending the rally.  To attend the rally and receive the campsite discount, you must identify that you are attending the Oliver rally and use the 7066 code to receive the discounts.  Some registered early when we made the announcement of the location but did not have the process set up to receive the discount with the campground. We recommend you verify with the campground your attendance to receive the discounts

To complete your preparations for the rally, please also register on the “2018 Rally” tab on the forum page.  This will greatly assist us in the food preparation, programming and activities.  I will be posting an update on the rally soon. My focus is that we get everyone properly registered, everyone gets the group discounts for the rally and that the program, activities and dining is well planned.

We will not post lists of persons attending the rally.  For safety and security reasons, we do not want public notices that you are not at home, you are attending an event.  We want you to enjoy the rally and not be concerned about your  home or personal security while away from home attending the rally.   This is your rally and we want every Oliver Travel Trailer owner to have a great time !

Coy E. Gayle (Hardrock) hull #73

2018 Oliver Travel Trailer Owner’s Rally Chairperson

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

E27's my spot. Looking forward to being there. I should have my rig a little over a month by then.

ALAZARCOFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMNMSMOMTNMNCOHSCSDTNTXUTWYmed.jpg

Ray and Betty Jo Bayless

Our two pups Muffinz and Maddie

2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax 6.6 liter 4WD Crew 

2018 Oliver LE2 Twin Bed, Hull #322, Our Igloo on Wheels

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to let the person keeping the list that SupersizeLIFE is Debbie LaFleiche. I would like to be on the list for the zip line tour to do both Level 1 and Level 2. Go big or go home, right? I was also looking at activities nearby and 40 minutes away is some awesome caverns, called Cathedral Caverns.  It's part of the Alabama State Park system so it's on the website as well as a 3-minute video. If anyone is staying and extra day or two and wants to join me, that would be great fun. I'll also have my bike. See you in May!

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Debbie - I'm with you on both zip lines.  I'm guessing that a preliminary schedule will be out fairly soon so that activities such as the zip line, golf, etc. can be scheduled and reserved without impacting attendance at any of the "real" Rally functions.

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

We have posted an update on the rally this week.  Please visit the “ events” tab on the Forum front page.  Our attendee numbers have increased, the number of vendors confirming they will attend has increased and our menu is being prepared. We have built in lots of free playtime so enjoy the rally !

Coy Gayle

Hardrock

• Thanks 5

• 2 weeks later...

“bring your own breakfast item to share”

This is our first time attending the Rally & I'd love to have an idea of what breakfast items have been brought in the past. Or what wasn't that would've been nice to have.

Thanks!

Chris

Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

I hate even signing onto the forum now, seeing all the rally signees and knowing the fun you will have at the event. I cannot attend this year-life will have us in LA at that season. Sure, the family wedding will be remarkable, but I want it all

• Thanks 1

Mike and Elizabeth Smith

Snow Lake Shores, MS

2016 Ford F150 3.5 EB, max tow (20,900  miles pulling Ollie since Sept 2016)

• Administrators
I hate even signing onto the forum now, seeing all the rally signees and knowing the fun you will have at the event. I cannot attend this year-life will have us in LA at that season. Sure, the family wedding will be remarkable, but I want it all

Mike... I hate that you won't be able to make it. Enjoy the wedding with your family!

Matt Duncan

• 5 weeks later...

Carol and I are registered for the rally, both at the campground and with Oliver. We are arriving May 3 and departing May 7 in site G25. We were not sure if we could make it, but things are working out.

Stan

• Thanks 1

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Has a schedule of events been worked out yet?  We’d like to come but we’d have to arrive late Friday night and leave Sunday afternoon.

There will be opening ceremonies Friday night and closing ceremonies Monday night, but lots of things to do on Saturday and Sunday.

http://olivertraveltrailers.com/email/2018-Oliver-Rally-Agenda.pdf

• Thanks 1

Matt Duncan

We're in! In Spot E1 and handicapped as well. We are soooo looking forward to this event and meeting more Ollie owners and learning about their experiences. Also, looking forward to seeing the vendors. We haven't experienced that previously in other RV ownership rallies. Thanks to Oliver for rallying those vendors together for us.

I was going to make our park reservations on line but, then called because I was confused about some spots as to whether they had full service or not. Good thing I called, as the handicapped spots were not listed on line (as available). When I told the lady on the phone about wanting a handicapped spot for Kathy, she was most helpful in making it happen for us. Only thing I feel a little uneasy about was that although we received our reservation comfirmation by email, it doesn't note a specific spot. The lady on the phone told me it wouldn't but not to be alarmed.

Looking forward to seeing all you Ollie folk - and, the Ollie employees as well.

Cash - AKA Sitting Bull

http://www.shot-in-texas.com

• Moderators

Cash - Bull,

Glad that things have worked for you and am looking forward to meeting you.  Certainly looking forward also to some warmer weather and all of the "stuff" that the Rally has to offer.

Bill

• Moderators

ALERT!!!!

Remember that April 1st is the deadline for getting the lower Rally registration fee.  On April 1st that fee goes up to $45.  You've only got a couple of days left to save some $ if you haven't registered yet.

Bill

Add our names to the list! We are registered for site B-11 And will be arriving May 4 and staying through Monday May 7. Can’t wait to meet everyone!

Yvonne & Doug

2017 Legacy Elite II, twin bed

Hull #223

2017 Ford F-250 Lariat, crew cab