My Tow/ Camp Checklist

John E Davies

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

For some reason the checklist will not download, nor can I edit the first post.

Try this:

OLIVER-TRAILER-CHECKLIST-021818.docx

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 3 months later...

I can download the jpg, but not the Word doc (probably my error). Might you post the PDF so maybe I can download that file? Thanks

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

I can download the jpg, but not the Word doc (probably my error). Might you post the PDF so maybe I can download that file? Thanks

Go back to my March 22 post and click the bold link in the text, not the attachment at the bottom. If that doesn’t work I will convert it to pdf. This forum has problems with attachments.

John Davies

Spokanw WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 8 months later...

John,

I am trying like heck to download your checklist but am failing miserably.  If not on this site, can you email me a copy?  I can private message you to provide me email address.  Thanks.

BTW:  I find your comments and inputs extremely helpful especially since this is new to me and my wife.

Hobo

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

The March 22 2018 link is good, not the one at the top of this thread, which is a dud, and I cannot edit that post! Or try here.

http://olivertraveltrailers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/OLIVER-TRAILER-CHECKLIST-021818.docx

Be sure to edit it for your particular equipment. For example external solar panel or sat antenna, tv coax, etc,  none of which I have.

Also, I have tire pressure listed as “80 psi recommended.” While true, you could change it to your actual running pressure, in my case for an Elite II, I use 45 psi. As far as I know, Oliver still has not changed their recommendation to reflect actual real world pressure, rather than the very high sidewall rating.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 3

How do I get back to your March 22 2018 post?  I am only seeing the one page which was obviously preceded by more info.

Thanks.

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

• 6 months later...

Thank you, John! This is very helpful! I have been wondering how to create a checklist. Excellent! We are working little by little to understand as much as possible before receiving our trailer and to find all of these links is outstanding. Thank you for taking the time to do these.

Best,

Mirna and PK

• Thanks 1

R2W

John:

Wouldn't your Fridge be on 12V when towing? I have to admit that I run my Airstream fridge on propane even when driving down the road. I am looking forward to the much safer use of 12V instead!

theOrca,  2020 Legacy Elite II, Twin, Hull 615

Tow Vehicle - 2016 Ram 1500, Hemi, 8 Speed with 1500# rear springs and Goodyear bags.

John:

Wouldn’t your Fridge be on 12V when towing? I have to admit that I run my Airstream fridge on propane even when driving down the road. I am looking forward to the much safer use of 12V instead!

I leave it on propane always, unless I need to board a ferry or go through a long tunnel that is posted. On 12 volts, it uses a ton of power, the heating element pulls something like 15 amps, if I remember correctly. The fridge is a lot more effective running on gas than it is on either 12 VDC or 120 VAC.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Moderator+

Our fridge is always on propane when traveling. There are folks that successfully use 12 volts going down the road, I've never had consistent good luck with that. There are millions of campers on the road using their propane with no problems. You will need to make that personal decision yourself, there is no right or wrong answer.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg