Just 9 months and this!

cptgringo

Seems that something you would think should be stainless  isn't.  This is a photo of the bolt that holds the toilet to the floor.  After  seven trips and daily showers  this is what's left of the bolt.  Any ideas on how to seal this. I really don't want to  get into removing the toilet . IMG_20170804_095835735.thumb.jpg.88f9758ab03d6a051d71f2af3ac18f71.jpg

• Thanks 1

Disregard my previous post, bad information, you have to remove the toilet to get at the tee bolts, they're attached to the flange. It doesn't look like a big job, but I would have thought they were stainless steel, I don't know that Oliver is at fault ( hardware supplied by vendor) but I'm sure they'll take care of it.

STEVEnBETTY

I've never seen any toilets for household or RV use that come with stainless steel toilet flange bolts. The bolts are not supplied by Oliver, they come with the toilet from the manufacturer.  Perhaps replacement bolts from a marine head manufacturer such as Raritan have some made out of stainless steel.

GrayGhost

2015 Legacy Elite II Hull # 98

2020 F150 3.5 EcoBoost

Looking at the photo closely, it doesn't seem the bolt is the rusted/corroded component, looks like it was just the washer. Clean up the bolt and get rid of the ugliness and if correct just install stainless washer and nut. (Disclaimer-I'm on my phone so maybe I can't see it clearly enough.) I replaced my toilet after 1.5 years (had the plastic one) and didn't have any rust issues.

Otherwise, getting to the flange is easy with these, not like a toilet in your house.

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

<p style="text-align: right;">Thanks for the  responses.  As Randy said, I don't think the bolt is rusted. I think it's  the  washers or the nut. But, after careful inspection the caulking around the toilet would have to be cut out and replaced.</p>

I'm going to hold off  till  winter  to  dig into it.  Too hot to work outside in South Florida

WOW...I hope Oliver sees this picture ..quick. Subbing that washer at the initial install is needed. That is another one of those irritating little things, that QC needs to handle as quick as possible. It would bother me to no end, because I am a clean freak, LOL Not everyone has "handyman" in their resume. Good Luck.

• Thanks 1

New Hampshire residents.

2016 Chevy Silverado 1500, Crew Cab, LTZ/short box, 5.3L Ecotec3 V8 w/ tow/haul mode /20 inch wheels

Retirement ( 12-31-2017)  

8/25/2019, we purchased the previously owned “2017 Oliver Elite ll  Hull #170, Standard King Bed, Solar package, Nature’s Head Composting Toilet and all the extras”! 

Oliver  did see this and I  got a call from Mr  Robinson at the factory. He had called the toilet manufacturing company explained what my problem was. The bolt is brass,but the washers and nut are plated.  He was very concerned and asked if there was anything he could send me to repair. Let me say, I've never bought a product,had a complaint,and received an unsolicited call to  resolve the problem before.  Kudos to the Oliver team on this one. I'm heading to the marine store for stainless nut and washers.  I wouldn't think of asking Oliver to send them to me.  I bet they would.

• Thanks 3