Countertops?

ShallowGal

Looks like we will be heading to Hohenwald & ordering our Ollie2 in October. I'm about to burst with excitement! As we dream & drool about our options, one thing that worries me are the countertops. We are not, um, as careful as we should be with stuff & I know that sooner than later one of us will damage the fiberglass.

My question is, has anyone had a type of countertop installed that is not the fiberglass/fiber-granite product Oliver offers? I'd love to see photos. I saw the stainless install, which I loved - hubs said no. In some of the photos there is a wood counter under microwave & pantry. Is it possible to have all the counters done in wood, except the bath?

Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

How about a stainless steel counter top?  This was my solution to the very same concern.  It has turned out to be an excellent choice.

http://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/stainless-steel-counter-top-2/20170422_211434-1.thumb.jpg.1c32aeeaf9bfdcb8198b5c97e2bd6fbf.jpg

Oooops, just realized you already saw the stainless.

I don't think a wood countertop, made from the same material Oliver uses for the other areas, would hold up well at the sink.    You could tile the area, but that seems heavy and might require some maintenance.  The counter top area is strong and could support tile without flexing, but lifting the sink and stove that much might require a different clamping system and possibly a change in the drain.  Stainless is the most durable and lowest maintenance surface I can think of and the thickness didn't affect the sink or stove.

• Thanks 2

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

• Moderator+

Short of setting something really hot on the counter top surface, I don't believe you could damage the fiberglass very easily.  A close examination of our tops will reveal swirls and scratches due to wiping them off, but you would really have to look very closely to see them.

• Thanks 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Stainless is the most durable and lowest maintenance surface I can think of and the thickness didn’t affect the sink or stove.

You did a wonderful job installing the stainless counter top & it's attractive too.

• Thanks 1
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL