New future Oliver owners

Fisher2

Hi, We plan to be Oliver owners later this year. My wife of 50 years and I are flyfishermen who travel to fish for trout. We have been to the northern tip of Newfoundland to the southern tip of New Zealand, but never to Alaska. Next Spring we will go first to northern PA and then off to Alaska. We hope to have exchanges with other Oliver owners about our trailer, alaska,  fly fishing ,etc.

Bruce and Lois

• Thanks 4

Well welcome to the Oliver forum and world of Fiberglass you will certainly enjoy the fly fishing with Ollie. The first place my wife and I went to in our first Trailer was straight to the Alcan Highway to Alaska, a great trip and be sure to be there mid July on as the Salmon start coming in, it ands to the bear watching. PS when you go if possible go up through Glacier into Canada crossing right there and do the Waterton National Park to Banff into Jasper and the Canadian Ice Fields a for sure do not miss this part. You can go straight up to the Alcan starting point just out of the west end of Jasper. Enjoy Thanks Gary

Snack Time at a Salmon  Weir...... Valdez Alaska

IMG_7309.thumb.jpg.874fa55c55ffc3087a1c3f24e675e15a.jpg

IMG_7539.thumb.jpg.8e1cb2e317039bce014b44030fa91e46.jpg

Gary & Jona

2016 Silverado 2500 Diesel

Legacy Elite II Hull 81 

ALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpgABBCMBNBNLNTNSPEQCSKYTsm.jpg.ba4d4f701cd53ebbd7ccf276c46a23eb.jpg

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum, and the Oliver family of owners.

You will love the trip to Alaska, whichever route you take. Garynjona are right... So much wildlife viewing on the ice fields parkway/Jasper route. The ferries are amazing, too, if you go coastal one way.

I think we need to start an Alaska thread. We found so many amazing, mostly empty campgrounds on our trips

I'm infatuated with the Yukon. So few people, so much wildlife, and wonderful rustic campsites. I think Yukon territory sites were $10 cad last year , roughly $7.60 us. Free firewood. We were often the only ones, or just a few others, in the campgrounds.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hello :) Yup, Alaska is fun.

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

I think we need to start an Alaska thread.

Agree! Our first big trip in our Ollie will be to Alaska to visit our son. Would love to hear about everyone else's adventures.

Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

Maybe we should start a "wagon train" of Ollies. Circle the Nation, in a counter clockwise direction, picking up 'strays'. Should we start at the Spring Oliver Rally 2018? What would the parks think when 50 to 100 Oliver's showed up? Maybe Trailer Life, Outdoor Life, Good Sam's, Oliver, and state camping associations would sponsor? We have 8 months to plan?

• Thanks 2