Sleeping in Oliver

gowheretowed

I have reviewed several posts about replacing the mattress in an Oliver twin. Is anyone aware of a mattress manufacturer that has an Oliver replacement mattress as a part of their inventory. I would assume if they have the specs, they are all the same. Would then simply be a matter of deciding which mattress one wants. If possible, would you give me the names of the companies where you bought your mattress. I am assuming what comes with the trailer will not be satisfactory in the long haul, no pun intended. Thanks all of you who are enjoying a good night's sleep.

??? The "factory optional" mattresses are very good, unless you have some reason to avoid the manufacturer and the relatively high price ($600 each).

Mattress-Mobile-Sleep-Components-Flyer.pdf

We have the ten inch mattresses and they are _super_ comfy. They do make accessing the underneath compartments harder, due to their thickness and much greater mass. That can be solved by installing additional access panels so you don't have to disturb the bedding,

OTH, the foam padding used in the regular seat cushions is crap, pardon my language, and Oliver should be very ashamed for supplying such squishy and unsubstantial  foam in a high end trailer.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Oliver gets their mattresses from Mobile Sleep Components. Web site is https://mobilesleepcomponents.com/mattresses/

We got the 10 inch twin (30 inch wide) mattresses, and we have been very happy with them.

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

When we got ours they were not offering any options but latex. They are reversable which is nice. If you like a firm mattress they are fine as is. I added a cheap egg crate topper to mine and now it sleeps as well as my Sleep Number mattress at home. The price is steep though, $800 when we purchased.

Agree with John about the standard cheap foam and upholstery that Oliver uses.  Terrible for a camper half the price    in my opinion

Yvonne

Yvonne & Doug

2017 Legacy Elite II, twin bed

Hull #223

2017 Ford F-250 Lariat, crew cab

I was told that they are only offering the latex upgrade right now.  Something about them having problems with quality control on the other options.  I think maybe they were getting mattresses that didn't fit?  Can't remember, but if you're thinking about ordering directly from Mobile Sleep Components, it may be worth checking with Oliver on what the problem was.

Walmart and Amazon have excellent memory foam mattresses at reasonable prices.  We used eight inch mattresses in our Casita, Olllie, and now the Airstream.  For about $200 you can buy a couple of twin mattresses and use an electric knife to cut them to shape.

more comfortable than our $3,000 Tempurpedic we have at home.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

Walmart and Amazon have excellent memory foam mattresses at reasonable prices. We used eight inch mattresses in our Casita, Olllie, and now the Airstream. For about $200 you can buy a couple of twin mattresses and use an electric knife to cut them to shape. more comfortable than our $3,000 Tempurpedic we have at home.

Do you mean a topper, or the complete foam mattress?  This sounds like the right thing for us.

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

I agree with trumpetguy. An electric knife will cut through it in nothing flat. In fact, there is a YouTube video you can watch. You don't have to buy a twin either, you can buy them in cot size which are 30x75 and just cut radius corners. I intend getting a short queen 60x75 which you can find on Amazon and cutting it in half, then the radius corners. I'm not cheap but don't like throwing money away either.  BTW, I really enjoy reading all the posts here. They are so informative and you guys go into detailed explanations that help the novice camper so much! Proud to say we are ordering our Ollie this Friday! So very excited to "get this show on the road".

Trish & Jack

I agree with Trumpet Guy.  Having purchased his old worn out Ollie (grin) a year ago, the mattress set he had installed sleeps more comfortably than anything in my home.  Can't wait to get out on the road again  this weekend.  Nothing can eclipse it!  Well, maybe this coming week, it CAN be eclipsed.

Mike and Elizabeth Smith

Snow Lake Shores, MS

2016 Ford F150 3.5 EB, max tow (20,900  miles pulling Ollie since Sept 2016)