Plumbing Under Shower and Bathroom Sink

bradbev

Does anyone have any photos of the area under the shower and sink in an Elite 2?

Trying to visualize where any p traps might be located and whether the sink drain can be relocated to before the surge cutoff valve.

I'm not ready to unseal the sink cabinet so will take a look when we get to the factory and will answer the above questions if no one has an answer now.  I'm impatient.  :)

• Moderators

I've had the insert under the sink off to do some work. I should have taken some pictures!  It's pretty straightforward, four screws and a utility knife or razor blade. Back on was easy, used some white silicon caulking and it looks like it did when we picked up.

Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I’ve had the insert under the sink off to do some work. I should have taken some pictures! It’s pretty straightforward, four screws and a utility knife or razor blade. Back on was easy, used some white silicon caulking and it looks like it did when we picked up. Mike

What kind of work? Hearing things like this makes me nervous.

2017 Legacy Elite II Standard

2006 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel 4WD

• Moderators

The vent pipe on top of the black tank was lose. It was easy to access from under the sink. I had it fixed at my local RV repair shop, Oliver paid the bill. Nothing to get nervous about - pretty rare. Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Looking under the front dinette seat. I see something like a 1.5 inch line that drops down to the gray water tank.  As it runs forward,  there's the surge cutoff valve, then further forward is a "T" with a drop down to a "P" trap that connects to the shower pan drain.

Continuing to run forward from the "T" is a 1.5 inch line that continues along side of the shower pan which I assume makes a right turn over to the sink because I don't see a vent line or anything else it could connect to.

I'll confirm this Monday when at the plant.

7y86iazr40bcw79j8yoc0jag8j7pjqhg.jpg.eac9237770881f3846769f22d1c37c7d.jpg

Your pic is helpful - look at all the unsecured wires! - but please don't repost that plumbing diagram. It is wrong, and we should all delete it if we have copies. The gray dump valve is mislocated. There is no way to totally isolate black from gray, as drawn. Oliver knows about it.

BtW, I had them install an inspection port inside the closet so I could look in there with mirror and flashlight, without having to remove the under vanity cover. You can't do any work through there, but you can certainly inspect for leaks.

I really think the sink access should be much better, this is an area that needs regular attention, cleaning the sink trap epecially. A rubber gasket on the cover is in Mouse's future.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I really think the sink access should be much better, this is an area that needs regular attention, cleaning the sink trap epecially.  

I just had them replace the tray with an access hatch on ours.  We didn't need the tray and I figured a nice large hatch would be handy.

That will have to be opened up if we ever have to replace the shower flex hose.

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

That photo looks like the one I posted when I had to work on the bathroom heat vent. The  "unsecured" wires belong to the redundant water pump switch that is located in the bathroom for convenience. There needs to be plenty of slack in the wiring to allow for the removal of the panel. The panel is quite thin so it would be difficult to secure it, perhaps with the exception of some kind of adhesive zip tie. The weight of the wires to the switch does make it difficult to keep the switch in place in the press-fit opening that it pressed in to. Care needs to be taken when removing the panel for that reason.

GrayGhost

2015 Legacy Elite II Hull # 98

2020 F150 3.5 EcoBoost

I really think the sink access should be much better, this is an area that needs regular attention, cleaning the sink trap epecially.

I just had them replace the tray with an access hatch on ours. We didn’t need the tray and I figured a nice large hatch would be handy.

Wonder if they could just make the tray into a hatch door?????

I don’t think the panel is substantial enough to be made into a door or hatch. It would be nice though to have the option of one or the other at the time of the build.

Our trailer is 2 weeks into the build (as of Monday).  It seems that it would be very handy to have.  How does one go about getting that kind of mod?  Just call and ask? or does there have to be a specific need for it?   - Angela

We have found the tray to less than useful to us. Nothing seems to fit in there and everything there gets wet during showers (and hard to squeegee clean). The pump switch could be put near the light switch or TP holder there get the wires out of the way. If the panel was replaced with a watertight marine hatch, it is would provide any rigidity needed to the panel. This might be in the future to modify, but in the meantime we have found absolutely no reason to even 'peek' in there.

• Thanks 1