Bathroom vent

Mainiac

Have noticed when in the bathroom, and the door is closed, the vent fan struggles. Open the door slightly and it gets the air needed to exhaust well.  You can hear the fan relax. I know there is a slight opening at the bottom of the door, but it doesn't appear to be enough air exchange. Thinking this may effect the heat. Thinking if there was a vent to the main cabin, up high near the bathroom cabinet, the air could move easier. The heat from the bathroom register could reach to the return air of the furnace easier and maybe heat the bathroom better. The bathroom vent wouldn't have to work so hard, get more air, so should work better. Has anyone else noticed and done anything about it?

• Moderators

I have noticed this lack of air movement between the bath and main cabin too.  All I have done is turn the bath door lock 90 degrees (so that the bath door does not actually shut all the way) and gently push the bath door closed.  This little lock keeps the door open just enough to allow air flow.  Of course when heat is not a problem I simply open the bath window.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Ditto what Bill said. If the weather allows, we have the bathroom window open. I put a magnetic latch on the bottom of the door so it stays open at night in cold weather. Otherwise we turn the latch so the door stays open a half inch or so.

Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

If you want to heat the bathroom better then remove the register and pull out the adjustment block. Then with the heater on, the door & window closed, turn on the vent fan, the fan then sucks the heat through the pipe and heats it up nice. Then you can turn off the vent once the heat is primed and it keeps on blowing warm air. I also sealed off the first vent next to or under the bed to help force the heat back better.

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II