What is the cost?

yvon

Hi:

Can anyone tell me how much the Oliver costs? At least a base cost? I think it would be ideal for our family but need to know approximately how much it costs - Can't get anyone on the phone at the sales office - but I guess they are off on Sundays. I don't want to get my hopes up if it is just too costly.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Can this be a printing error?

That would make it almost double the cost in 3 months, tell me it isn't so.

We were planning on visiting the factory this month, before we considered purchasing one, but I don't think we will if that is the cost. I would not pay that for a trailer, can someone bring me up to speed on price.

Thanks,

Scott

I can see the reason for confusion, I think. The standard model starts at the lower $ and then options are added as desired. Unlike most of the smaller travel trailers, there is a list of options as long as your arm! You can pretty well customize them any FEASIBLE way you want to!. The more options, the higher the $$ ! Contacting the factory will clear this up.

Chuck

Tumbleweed, when you say, "The standard model starts at the lower $," do you mean the $32,750 number? That's scarey. We're in Airstream zone here--not that I'd want an Airstream (the little Bambi is cute!). I hope there's another "lower $" out there. I was wearing a big smile because I learned I can tow with an Outback, but the smile is a little crooked now.

CarolAnn

Hi CarolAnn,

The $$ are being adjusted from a recent conversation I had with Robert Partee. The 17,500 price is for the standard and the Elite starts in the 25,000 area I believe. Please check with the factory for accurate #s withe the options YOU desire. I do not believe that there is any 'cookie cutter' price as there are probably not 2 Olivers configured the same as they really are a semicustom. Folks on other forums throw around all kind of $$$, the FACTORY is the only source of accurate $$ equipped the way YOU want it! Petes is a good example, he has 2 major options, the solar and the cell phone amplifier!!

Regards, Chuck

CarolAnn:

I too found this confusing. I talked to Denice at the factory yesterday, and she told me between $25,750 and $29,759. WOW! That is a lot of money for a 17 foot trailer. They are quite nice, and much less than a Bambi.

I may have to keep my Rialta. With a VW engine and frame, and 20 mpg, I could be better off. I am still concerned that the 3,000+ pounds could damage my Outback.

Jerry

Dear Yvon,Northwoods, Carolann,Tumbleweed,Boler Fun,beeser,and ashley meadow,

I did not mean to start a firestorm! So please do not kill the messenger! I received my info packet from the factory the third week of June,2008 and was passing on the info within the packet. The Legacy classic page lists the standard features and the options and their prices. On top of the second column on the page it says "STARTING at $32,750.00" . I consider this to be the base price.

The Legacy Elite is listed on a different sheet. It lists the standard features of the Elite but NOT the options. On the top of the second column it says "STARTING at $37,750.00" . I consider this to be the base price.

The base price for an item is well, the base price. It is without the personal options. It is the item that you would receive ,as I would , without any added features. And the price should be the same for you, me, or a third party. Excluding, of course, any shipping expenses or other destination charge that might be added on to the base price.

So I am not sure about the wide variety of prices. In April, Northwood quotes $17,500, the new price sheet states $32,750 and $37,750 , and others have talked to the factory and gotten varied responses. My advice would be to talk to the factory directly. My sales rep included her card. Her name is Tiffany Moon.

I hope this clears up any confusion I may have cause inadvertly and states the FACTS as I know them to be.

Signed,

Tigrrr

P.S. The factory should probably put out a response to this issue and include it in these pages.

I called the factory this week and was informed that the base price for the Classic was $25,750 and up.

Very disappointed, I thought that the old pricing for a 17' was high but I could justify it for the Oliver.

I wonder with such a high price on a new to the market trailer will be the demise for them during the economic times we are experiencing right now.

If the old price was still available, I would have one on order, too bad because they seem to be perfect for us, but I cannot justify that price for one.

The $25,750 base classic is the price I was quoted also, not that much interested any longer.

One thought -- the majority of the recent price increase in the "Classic" seems to have come from having several formerly optional features now being included standard.

I do know from experience that the factory is just as flexible at removing options as they are at adding them. And when they do, you get a credit.

You might be able to price out a "stripped down" Oliver that will still include more features than a typical Casita for less than the current list price of a Classic. I suggest you give Robert a call at the factory to talk about it.

- Chris

A/C is now standard, but the main reason for the increase was raw material to produce the trailer.

I was surprised since most trailer manufacturers have lowered the prices along with auto manufactures.

Hopefully they will reconsider the $ increase if sales slow.

Hello everyone, This is Denise Castro with Oliver Travel Trailers. Sorry for all of the confusion on pricing in the recent weeks. We are working hard at producing a quality trailer at an affordable price. Some of you recently received pricing in the 30K's. We apologize for this error. Our Classic trailer actually sells for $25,750 until we have set up a dealer in your area. Because of the inconvenience, we have decided to include an AC Unit at no cost, with each Classic purchase. We custom build each trailer to your exact specifications and are currently 6 weeks out on delivery. A deposit of $3000 will secure your new Oliver Travel Trailer.

ONCE WE HAVE SET UP A DEALER IN YOUR AREA, THIS OFFER WILL BE NO LONGER IN EFFECT

Hi Denise,

Thats for responding, my question is that the trailer 4 months ago had a base price of $17,500. and now it is $25,750. (with A/C) that is a $8,250. increase.

Why and How can you increase it that high and fast? The price increase has changed our minds and quite possibly others from what I have been reading.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Unfortunatelty, raw material costs have skyrocketed! As you know, increased fuel surcharges alone have almost doubled. In August of last year, diesel was $2.64 a gallon. Currently $4.75. Everything's going up. All of the materials we buy have gone up partly due to fuel. They will probably continue to climb. We seriously hope that the raw material costs stabilize in the near future, so that our prices will plateau. I hope this will shed a little light on the subject of where we're at. We intend to continue selling a quality product at the best price possible.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your input,

Denise

Well, I guess it's time for my 2 cents. :o Having had Casitas for several years, I think I can make justifications for the extra $$$. The Oliver as previously listed as standard has MORE features than the Casita. The doublewalled construction, better bathroom design, enclosed and larger water/grey and black water tanks, no hanging plumbing, innovative water and sewer connections, sprung suspension for easier towing, adjustable tongue, ALL aluminum frame, drawers and lined cubby storage, choice of MANY fabrics, floorings and cabinet SLIDING overhead doors, LED running & brake lights with 3rd brake light and then the option of many,many options that are not available at any $ from the competition.

JMHO but loving our OLIVER Legacy Elite! :lol:

Chuck 8-)