Black Streaks and cleaning

Having never owned a larger fiberglass object, let alone a trailer, I am now looking for advice on cleaning the outside of our Oliver. We purchased our Oliver in June and I have washed it twice with soap.  Yet I am now noticing black streaks all over the hull and they do not come off with simple soap and water.  I can only surmise that the handful of campsite we have stayed at with trees (we are suckers for trees) are to blame.  Searching through the forum posts, I could not find anyone specifically dealing with black streaks other than the gaskets around the lights.  In review RV products like "Thetford 96015 Premium RV Black Streak & Bug Remover" and "Camco 41008 Pro-Strength Black Streak Remover" not all user report success with these products. Look for input before I start a trial and error process of products.

In addition, I have also purchased "303 Aerospace Protectant" which I intend to use once I get the black streaks removed.  Would appreciate any feedback on whether this help with dealing the black streaks on an ongoing basis.

A day cleaning our Oliver beats going to work... oh wait I'm retired now :)

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
2017 Legacy Elite II, Twin Bed
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited

• Moderators

I don't think that "303" will help solve your black streak problem.  For those streaks under the "porch" lights you are going to have to seal those gaskets with something - Captain Tolly's Crack or you might want to call Richie (he took Jason's job in customer service since Jason is doing other stuff) - at 931-306-9232) and ask if he still has some of the sealer that was given out at the 2017 Owner's Rally for this purpose.  I've used any one of a number of brands of "detailer" that are sold in auto stores and WalMart to clean both the porch light and other black streaks - its easy, spray on wipe off.

Good Luck!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderator+

Our white vehicles sit under some kind of tree that provides a ton of shade in the summer but they also drop gallons of sap all over them. A year of so ago The Outlaw Oliver sat out of the garage for a month while I was working on it. The top got so much sap on it it was almost black.  I went to NAPA and asked the guys for a recommendation and they suggested this.  It did a good job of removing the black stains, although not without some scrubbing.

IMG_2528.jpg.e64bfa1f565963fc022f475214567879.jpg

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

Steve - I use that stuff all the time for cleaning my tires and wheels.  Do not let it dry on virtually any surface.  The cheapest price that I've been able to find is at WalMart.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thanks Bill, Our Oliver has the new gaskets so I think the real problem is the trees we have camped under.  Did some more research and found a lot of people use of all things " LA Totally Assum Cleaner" and I am going to give it a try.  Update coming.

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited

Thanks for the input ScubaRx, It's worth a try.  I have some in the shop and was I little apprehensive to use after reading the label.

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited