SUNRISE / SUNSET PHOTO THREAD

• Moderators

Seems like one of the things we enjoy about being on the road and out of doors, is watching the sunrise and set. I'll bet it is the same with a lot of folks. We try to capture the wonderful moment on film, from time to time, and bet that others do too. Lets see some of those great sunrise / sunset photos from your travels !

>

GreesonSunSet04192006.jpg

Jug Fishing Sunset Lake Greeson, Arkansas 2006. A front was coming out of the North West that evening and the line of clouds caused the sun's rays to fan out beautifly. The storm scattered the jugs all over the place, but we had a good catch.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Oh, geeze, Tom, I didn't realize .. .. .. .. ..

Mom always told me to stay outta' them bars. If she sees this, I may have to pull it ! :mrgreen:

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Rotten, Tom, You're just plain ol' roten ! A man after my own heart ! ;)

>

Sunrise video in April of 2006. Yep we're a' jug fishin' again ! :shock: This ten second video catches the sun just it peeks over the horizon and sprays a fan of color over our jug fishing world ! 8-)

>

th_04-17-06_0649.jpg

The engine in "HARM'S WEIGH" is idling and Butcherknife is telling me "Hey ! Let's get in gear ! "

Just a few brief seconds later I shot this video, and the light had just totally changed.

>

th_04-17-06_0650.jpg

By now Butcherknife is saying, "alright now, enough already, let's go get them fish ! " :oops:

Good one, andrew, where was it taken ?

It was taken on the road, on the way home from Hackberry. I am not sure if it was on Route 66 or on I40, but somewhere there.

I went through some of my other sunset pics and posted a few them

The rest of these are from our backyard at home. I still haven't gotten one that is "the one" for the mural on the trailer. I am still trying though.

P1030830_disp512.jpg

P1030832_disp512.jpg

P1040596_disp512.jpg

P1040724_disp512.jpg

P1040757_disp512.jpg

P1040773_disp512.jpg

P1060665_disp512.jpg

P1070022_disp512.jpg

P1070063_disp512.jpg

P1070114_disp512.jpg

P1070121_disp512.jpg

Wow Andrew, very nice sunset photos! This one was taken after Chuck and I had a perfect day, picnic at Indian Pass where about 9 dolphin were playing in the pass between the mainland and St Vincent's Island. We had a great time riding on the beach and me just showing him my neck of the woods from Cape San Blas, FL to Eastpoint, FL. On the way home, I noticed this sunset in my rear view mirror.... pulled over at 10 mile road and got one quick shot before the mosquitos ate us alive! Enjoy. Geri

Sunset at ten mile.jpg

• Moderators

This one is submitted by BuffaloBob, photographer unknown, but is available for a mural if someone would like to have it !

>

Scenery035.jpg

We went back to Hackberry again, although it is getting a bit warm during the day, we are going to have to either stay home and swim in the pool, bring more gas for the generator, run the AC and hide inside during the day or find another place to camp where it is cooler.

The nights are beautiful though!

P1000282e_disp512.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Dog gone it Tom ! Ya' had me convinced. Cool photo though. Now wouldn't that be a nifty boondocking/camping trip ! :shock:

• Moderators

Well, first of all I was trying to figure out the mechanics behind Tom's "remote clicking" of a camera using the awning center brace . . . secondly, I was wondering what kind of lens would make the sun on the horizon appear so tiny.

I guess if the picture is taken 48,678,200 miles further away from the sun than the earth that pretty much explains it. After my encounter with the Whaleys in Hohenwald, TN and watching their posts with the crafty twists of logic I should have known to be aware of their highly developed sense of humor. I'd like to think I wouldn't be caught again, but they're really, really good at it!

Look out Ya'll ;)

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Thanks, I appreciate that!

Sometimes you just get lucky; in this case my camera didn't quite know what to do staring straight into the sun so it picked an exposure that created some very interesting effects ... other photos taken just about the same time were quite different. I've found that one of the really neat things about digital cameras is that the film and developing are essentially free, so why not take way too many pictures and simply delete the ones that don't work out?

Cheers,

Stuart

• Moderators

Beautiful photo, SturartW! Thanks for posting...

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

We overnighted at Monahans Texas, in the Sand Hills State Park, down on I-20, just East of the I-20 / I-10 split. Breakfast was behind us and as I walked outside with a cup of Coffee, to start the pre travel chores, the sun was just beginning to peek over the horizon.

06-27-08_0657.jpg

>

06-27-08_0656.jpg

>

06-27-08_0658.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators

We camped three nights near Campobello, Roosevelt's summer home in New Brunswick. We seemed to get up earlier and go to bed later each day as there was so much to see... whales, seals, the amazing tides of Fundy Bay, eagles, and, on our last morning, this amazing sunrise:

2010Canada364.jpg

2010Canada367.jpg

What a splendid way to start the day!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.