tool box

Hi, as we get ready to take our first extended trip I was wanting to know what you experienced Oliver owners have in your tool box. thanks in advance.

• Thanks 1

David and Jane Droll,  Pulling Hull #238 with a 2018 Toyota Tundra 

• Moderators

dedroll - go to the main "Forum" tab ( the funny looking "F") and then type "tools" in the search box.  I'd skip over the first 4 pages of results and go straight to page 5.  Good luck - Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

A plug in electrical tester, that can trip a GFI. (Checks open ground, any power, reversed polarity,etc.). A 30-15, 15-30 adapters and an extension cord. Tape measure, adjust wrench, hammer, various screwdrivers, electrical and duct tape, and some zip ties. A slip joint pliers that can tighten water hoses is handy too. A couple bungee cords of various lengths, and a couple lengths of small rope to hang various things from, (make them bright so you don't leave them when you pull out. A jackknife. A piece of paper and a pencil, so you can list the tools you wish you had, and to list those to take out because you never use.

• Thanks 2

Tons of stuff, a drill, bits, 4" angle grinder, 100' extension cord, small shovel, a/c adapters, roll of rebar wire, grease, gloves, plastic gloves, Lysol wipes and...

• Thanks 4

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

I have a large tool bag behind the seat of my truck all the time with general tools like mechanics stuff and electrical stuff.  It also has teflon tape, electrical tape, bailing wire, ohm meter, 12 volt probe tester, fuses, various pliers and screw drivers.  Then, inside Ollie I have a junk drawer with tools that will be used on Ollie during the trip, like electrical polarity tester, 6 in one screwdriver, batteries, etc.

In the compartment over the microwave I have a small bubble level that I set on the sink counter for leveling.  It's a round one about 2 1/2" in diameter that reads in all directions with a center bubble.

Then there is a large plastic box that goes into the truck with stuff, like a small shovel and pick, a roll of 1/8" paracord, a serpentine belt, 1/2" ratchet with sockets for the suspension nuts, fuel filter and wheel lugs,  fuel filters, screw jack and handle, a 12 volt air compressor, WD 40 and a tubeless  tire plug kit.  I like to carry a small tube of grease so I can put a dab on the ball once in a while.  The WD 40 gets sprayed on the step mechanism, the bulldog hitch clamp, the 7 pin plug and the rear bumper pins.  Plus, it's great for cutting heavy grease that may get on my hands.   I also always have a spray bottle filled with Windex for washing hands at the gas station and general cleaning.

I also always carry a long and heavy gauge set of jumper cables.  On the last trip I used these to charge Ollie's batteries instead of my generator and it worked better than the generator.  So I'm thinking when I get the large inverter installed, I'll just leave the genny at home.

Then in the rear side compartment I have a large plastic box with the water hoses and a smaller box with the regulator, pressure gauge, various water adapters, extra hose washers and some ball type bungee cords.

The truck door pocket, the dresser drawer, the junk drawer and the overhead rear compartment all have flashlights.  I always have numerous flashlights wherever I go.  And a tape measure lives in the door pocket too.

In the overhead rear inside compartment I have 120 volt household extension cords, a small cigarette lighter style inverter, a splitter, computer and phone charger cords, HDMI cord and large flashlight.

The truck glove compartment has a couple of tire gauges.

I have three modified jack stands that are used under the leveling jacks and the front jack.  The two rear ones have a welded flat plate on top and the third one has a pipe that accepts the front jack round tube.  There are a few blocks for cases where I need something under the tires or if the front jack stand is too high.

And finally, I always have a Swiss Army Knife in my pocket.

• Thanks 4

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

Forgot to mention a small pick and a small shovel go in the truck plastic box.  A Ram headlight adjusting tool in the door pocket and a set of gloves behind the seat. ????

• Thanks 1

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19