Need help with window replacement in door

hellsbay988

My window gaskets and seals on the door finally gave out. I contacted Oliver and they said that they no longer deal with the Hehr company, makers of my door window.  Oliver sent me a link to an on-line company for parts and I ordered what looked to be a replacement. It came with a gasket and seal on one side but when I installed it the glass is not held solidly in place.   I have hull #23, one of the original Olivers.  Maybe one of you original Oliver owners has had to replace the door window and can help.  I want to use my trailer but can't travel with the window loose in the door.

Thanks

hellsbay988

IMG_5350-1.thumb.jpg.cc570007083947701b83a58dd3eb5dee.jpg

• Moderators

If you don't get any help here you might want to try the folks over on FGRV (Fiberglass RV) forum.  Since their campers can be somewhat older than ours, they have had a bunch of experience with door windows.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Is Hehr still in business? Have you tried them?

Pretty sure the new Oliver door windows are double pane. The early models were single. You may have received seals, etc, for a double pane window?

Good luck. I know there are companies that rework old windows. Jrbirdman found a good one, but I don't remember the name. You could try to message him.

Let us know what you find out. All of us with the older style door will look forward to your solution.

Hope you get it all figured out in time for your next great adventure.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

The existing window system looks like it would be a relatively easy system to replace any other system. Think the only limiting factor might be the door thickness. Mine appears to be single paine? Also the newer ones are 'pebble ' surfaced to allow light, but not be visually clear. The web site on the glass sticker is : www.Lippertcomponents.com

A few months ago I replaced the frame on my door window because the original had become quite yellow. This is the one I used:

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Doors/Lippert-Components/LC363369.html

It worked quite well and survived a 2-day "monsoon" on the Gulf Coast with no leaks and no rattles.

I've also been in contact with http://www.rvfogdr.com/  because my rear escape window is fogged, but haven't scheduled a visit there yet. They may be able to offer some help.

Aubrey and the two wingmen, Woodstock & Rascal

Oliver #032, "El Huevito"

Ford F-150 4x4

El Juevito's Travels

• Moderators

After several years of fighting the yellowing of the plastic frame by wiping it with acetone, I opted to have a replacement window installed.  Edwin makes a door window with a white metal frame. It also has the feature of being able to slide the bottom half of the window up for ventillation, which comes in very handy.

http://www.easyrvwindows.com/order-edwin.asp

• Thanks 1

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg